Hornby elite controller

poundnote

..., sadly it doesn't exist.

That is true but Elite is capable of running in conjunction with RailMaster and that can then be run also from a mobile phone (Android or Apple) using a handheld add-on to RailMaster.

• 2 weeks later...

You want to wander around with controller or wondering? Sorry it can interpreted either way. All answers are correct I just wanted to say yes there are better options but for me this controller. LOOKS the best out of all options it’s seriously the most perfect one I have ever owned mind you this is my first ever DCC controller so my input is completely mute other than. Great taste.

OPOAT

Sadly wapples you said it in your response that it is your first. I have two DCC controllers, basically because I fix broken ones. I have a Fleishmann Twin Track and an Elite. The Fleishmann is brilliant for running, but not so good for programming. The Elite is great for programming, not so good for running. The really annoying features I find with the Elite is the rotary switch with the push button. Quite often you select an option with the rotary control only to find by pressing the knob the value increments or decrements the value you set, this only gets worse as the rotary control gets older and looser.The Fleishmann gets over this by only allowing values to be set via the keyboard. The other thing with the Elite I found while running is although it is marketed as a twin controller, you have constantly select each loco before the second controller will work, so the two controls are not independent. I don't know much about Railmaster, but looking at demos it is not what I want. I am seriously thinking of upgrading to a DigiKeijs as from what I have read it is the sort of device I am looking for and is substantially cheaper than an Elite. I suppose it really depends on what you really want, the Elite is really easy to use but so if the Fleishmann.