How do I add a new credit card to my profile?

kimballthurl

There was a link to "Update Card Details" in the email notifying me of the problem. I don't usually click links in emails, but this time I made an exception because of the email relevance.

I have now done this twice, I get the authentication code on my mobile phone OK, enter it in the process, but it still fails.

Now if the system requires the authentication code on a mobile, Hornby's pre-order system will never work simply because they don't have MY mobile phone.

nd it does not work even when I do enter the code.

I have successfully used this authentication system many times before with this Australian Visa card, in places as far away as Norway and Austria.

So as someone said in a previous topic, some coding has not been implemented correctly. And that will be dependent on whose digital payment gateway they use. Even in my own business, we have problems with these, with not enough support on implementation or poor documentation and instruction.

Kimball

Never trust links in emails, even if they are or appear to be genuine, instead login to your user account direct on the Hornby site, go to My Account, Profile, Payment Methods and update your card details from their.

You are already logged in if you are posting on the forum.

There is a thread I started about the Hornby system not working. I don't know what they have done, it appears to want an extra layer of security which they Hornby, not the bank don't seem to have got right. It has been going on for the last couple of years, sometimes it works sometimes not. Trouble is as a company it is really dumb it means someone on the Customer Queries phone when there is a new release spends virtually all their time sorting out credit card details which means they can't do their proper job. Unless they have a direct keying system linked to the telephone as is the case with the RNIB, it is also a huge security risk as the person on the phone inadvertently repeats your credit card details across the whole of the office while they process the payment.

I had an email this morning from Hornby asking me to update my card details for a pre-order which has just come into stock. I guess this is to do with the new tighter checks on online card transactions. I went through the process which successfully verified my card on the Mastercard website, but gave an error message 'sorry, something has gone wrong' when going back to the Hornby website. I tried again, same result, then switched to a Visa card with again the same result.

I've emailed Hornby customer services.

John

Yes, Britannia builder I had the same mail at 15-05 pm yesterday which unfortunately was 5 minutes too late for their Customer Support lines. They don't seem to answer their EMails for a couple of days either. I did start an alternative thread about it.

Funny I have just got a response from my email. Interesting though says they say phoned me on my mobile although my mobile has no missed calls and to phone Customer Services with the phone number, which surprisingly is closed on a Saturday. I assume they must be working from home.

I have made Hornby aware of this post and Colin’s other post so come Monday they will be on the case and no doubt the phones will be red hot from others with the same problems who do not use the forum. Already FB is whinging about it and I have posted the same advice over there.

This thread is now locked.