Is trackmaster still supported?

A few questions now that I have trackmaster working...

Is trackmaster still officially supported?

Are there any features that people would like added to improve the program?

I can think of 2 things I would like.

1) being able to measure from the end of a bit of track to the edge of the baseboard.

2) the ability to rotate labels

XYZ

Whilst it is still an active app that you can download and get limited update patches for, that is far as support goes. No doubt HCC will still offer help desk support.

Hornby has moved away from it towards the track planner included in the HM | DC app, which in my opinion has not been developed enough yet to be fully useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Shortly before Chrismas last year I enquired if Railmaster was still supported and if loco detection was still 'on the cards' the full thread of conversations was as follows:

support@rail-master.com

To: PETER BROWN <xxx>;

20/12/21 12:50

Dear Peter

To answer your questions:

1. A loco detection facility (hardware) will be released in the new year

2. RailMaster is still being supported

3. You can de-register on your current PC and move your RailMaster, with Pro-pack to another PC (see the RailMaster PDF guide)

4. The link to the hand-held app download is www.my-apps.eu and you can find more details in the RailMaster Hand-Held App PDF guide.

If you need to reply to this email, please use the reply feature in your email system, rather than create a new one so that we can see the entire thread. This saves time having to find and collate previous emails to see what has been done.

Regards

RailMaster and TrackMaster Support Team

---------------------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------------------

Mail from: "PETER BROWN" <xxx>

Date: 20/12/21 12:48

Dear Sirs, Please see my questions at the bottom of this email.

In addition to these, can you tell me if there is still likely to be a train/loco location feature.

Thanks you in advance for your time.

Regards

Peter

------ Original Message ------

To: "Peter Brown" <xxx>

Sent: Friday, 17 Dec, 21 At 13:22

Subject: RE: RAILMASTER SUPPORT

Hi there,

Thank you for your email,

Railmaster is indeed still being supported. With this kind of question, you will need to contact the support team direct. Please forward this email to them using the following email address -

support@rail-master.com

Kind Regards,

Matt Jordan

Customer Technical Advisor

T:+44 (0)1843 233512

www.hornbyhobbies.co.uk

Was this message helpful? Yes It was OK No

On Fri, 17th Dec 2021 at 4:49 am, Peter Brown <xxx> wrote:

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the Hornby organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi,

1. Can you tell me if Railmaster is still supported?

2. I have used Railmaster Pro edition for some time and now wish to move the software to a PC from the laptop I currently use.

3. With that done I want to link handheld devices wirelessly to the controlling PC.

I've been trying to find the link for the add-on software for ipads and tablets without any luck.

Can you help, please?

Regards

Peter

Moderators note - your post has been edited to remove your email address as posting personal details is against forum rules for your own security.

• 3 months later...

Trackmaster has been pretty useful lately.

Being able to draw custom bits of track, Which I would probably cut from flexitrack would be useful though.

My station area looks very gappy as none of the loops quite fit with set track, and the express points on the mainlines don't help.

XYZ

Rob, are you sure you can still download the full package? I thought only a couple of patches were available. And a site search gives zero returns.

There is much better track design software available out there too including coverage of every track brand you can think of and allowing you to find exact flex track lengths for each rail.

Although I remember it as Trackmaster (which may be the actual 1/4 scale plastic bits) the software seems to be listed on site as Hornby Virtual Railway in original HVR and improved HVR2 forms downloadable including patches from here https://support.hornby.com/hc/en-gb/sections/360004186819-Hornby-Virtual-Railway

Edit - Trackmaster was the 2D software and HVR is the 3D software that also adds scenery and runs a train sim.

I have followed the link in the post of 96RAF above. As far as I can see, ONLY the historical patches for Vista are downloadable. The page specifically states [on a page linked to from that page] that the full original HVR software is not available direct from Hornby in either physical nor downloadable versions.

Shortly before Chrismas last year I enquired if Railmaster was still supported and if loco detection was still 'on the cards' the full thread of conversations was as follows:
support@rail-master.com
To: PETER BROWN <xxx>;
20/12/21 12:50
Dear Peter
To answer your questions:
1. A loco detection facility (hardware) will be released in the new year
2. RailMaster is still being supported
3. You can de-register on your current PC and move your RailMaster, with Pro-pack to another PC (see the RailMaster PDF guide)
4. The link to the hand-held app download is www.my-apps.eu and you can find more details in the RailMaster Hand-Held App PDF guide.
If you need to reply to this email, please use the reply feature in your email system, rather than create a new one so that we can see the entire thread. This saves time having to find and collate previous emails to see what has been done.
Regards
RailMaster and TrackMaster Support Team
---------------------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------------------
Mail from: "PETER BROWN" <xxx>
Date: 20/12/21 12:48
Dear Sirs, Please see my questions at the bottom of this email.
In addition to these, can you tell me if there is still likely to be a train/loco location feature.
Thanks you in advance for your time.
Regards
Peter
------ Original Message ------
To: "Peter Brown" <xxx>
Sent: Friday, 17 Dec, 21 At 13:22
Subject: RE: RAILMASTER SUPPORT
Hi there,
Thank you for your email,
Railmaster is indeed still being supported. With this kind of question, you will need to contact the support team direct. Please forward this email to them using the following email address -
support@rail-master.com
Kind Regards,
Matt Jordan
Customer Technical Advisor
T:+44 (0)1843 233512
www.hornbyhobbies.co.uk
Was this message helpful? Yes It was OK No
On Fri, 17th Dec 2021 at 4:49 am, Peter Brown <xxx> wrote:
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the Hornby organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
Hi,
1. Can you tell me if Railmaster is still supported?
2. I have used Railmaster Pro edition for some time and now wish to move the software to a PC from the laptop I currently use.
3. With that done I want to link handheld devices wirelessly to the controlling PC.
I've been trying to find the link for the add-on software for ipads and tablets without any luck.
Can you help, please?
Regards
Peter

Moderators note - your post has been edited to remove your email address as posting personal details is against forum rules for your own security.

Can you please paste this into a new Topic. Thanks.

Mod note - I could but it would appear as if I had posted it, so your best bet to retain it under your user is to copy the text and paste into a new post raised yourself then come back and delete this discussion from the three dot context menu.

Why don’t you keep the entire conversation together and add it to: https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/when-are-hornby-going-to-fix-gap-in-dcc-solution-with-loco-detection

I’m not usually one who likes adding to old threads but this is a continuation of exactly the topic of the thread.

How did I find that thread? Did a forum search on LD.