new Hornby Platinum jubilee loco has arrived pictures

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Hornby-Dublo loco Dorchester stands comparison extremely well considering it was made 60 rather than 40 years ago. I have to say I, too, prefer the BR green livery.
More like 65 as it's 3 rail, which gave way to 2 rail in 1959.

Wow 60 years you are right , This loco might not be around as long as the Dublo Dorchester i wish Hornby would make a new Hornby Dublo limited edition Flying Scotsman with metal body, So hint hint to Hornby !! THIS WOULD SELL OUT THE DAY IT WAS RELEASED.

I am sure christopher it will be in the 2023 catalogue, they have done all the rest so that is probably the next. Of course when you actually get it, is another question. The HD range is a big money spinner and probably something that people haven't already got.

I am sure christopher it will be in the 2023 catalogue, they have done all the rest so that is probably the next. Of course when you actually get it, is another question. The HD range is a big money spinner and probably something that people haven't already got.

Colin B, Yes and it was made as 0 gauge but Hornby Dublo was overlooked by Meccano from the start, Chris

Hi

Can't see what all the fuss is all about when the Severn Valley have a full size Rebuilt West Country painted in the same color scheme and logo.

Who copied who?

Hornby Mag also did a feature on doing your own version using a rebuilt West Country including what colors and transfers and where to get them.

In my case it is just a question of taste and I would probably feel the same about the real one if I could find a photo on the net. However, it is well out of my modelling period so no chance of me buying one. However, at least it is an authentic Platinum Jubilee souvenir loco since the real thing does exist.

@Andymac

Would like to see a steam loco done with thermochromic paint.

I had to google the paint, but what a great idea. They could even do away with the safety value to save weight and just look at the colour. Is kind of expensive though, but you could have Taw Valley in standard green for all the purists and changing to Royal Purple as she build up steam! thinking_face

I took a ride on the real thing at the Severn Valley Railway yesterday. As we waited in a passing loop, a green GWR 4-6-0 went past on the other line. My elderly mother's comment was "Oh, I much prefer that green colour to purple. Green's a proper colour for a steam engine" I must say I agreed with her, but everone is entitled to their own taste.

I collected this yesterday from my friends shop and tested it on his layout, The loco Certificate has no 2300 of 2500.

Hello Chris, and welcome to the Hornby forums. As a fellow Kiwi I'd be interested to know which store you picked it up from, and what the local price was? I can't imagine it would have been cheap, though perhaps you got a nice discount as a friend of the owner!

Did your friend get many in, or just one for your order? I would guess the stock came to him from the local NZ Hornby distributor. I wonder if the tier system applies to stores in this country.

HK.

Not quite Bulliedboy I think they are around £254. Fortunately I have most of the Hornby locos I will ever want and the ones that I do buy at the moment include decent sound for not much more. To me it has to very special to justify that price.

Looking forward to mine arriving,ive seen the real thing at the svr and it was nice to see, different to the usual black or green, mine will be added to my collection .

Two have come up for sale here in NZ on Trade me they are 675 dollar about 330 pounds more than i paid, So if you want one there here for sale now.

Two have come up for sale here in NZ on Trade me they are 675 dollar about 330 pounds more than i paid, So if you want one there here for sale now.

That's actually not the worst price ever when you add on the "location surcharge" for living where we do, Chris. About what I would have expected it to be over here anyway.

Far too rich for my blood unless I win Lotto tomorrow night. If I really want to see one running, I'll just have to come around to your house. ;)

HK.