General Discussion about TT:120

There are those of us who want to read the Terminal Talk Blog but when we try to expand the first article to read more, we are told to sign up. Even though we are signed into our accounts. Can someone please do something about this? All the comments on the post seem to have gone unheeded.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have joined the club, but Hornby would not accept my French address, so had to give my sons uk one. Now I would like to buy a set, but want it posted to France, and also want discount. Advice, please.

This has been raised with Hornby. We’ll let you know as soon as we can get an answer. R-

John, you must have tried to join the UK version of the club. Instead scroll down the page to find the ROW version. I had no trouble with this using my Aust address. It’s still free to join but I’m assuming there will postage price differences for ROW members.

For more advanced track pieces, you might want to check out other brands including Peco and continental brands.

I believe you’ll find the geometry to be the same but I’d be double checking before order.

And while the detail description of the track pieces doesn’t include their geometry, it is included in one of the online brochures.

Thank you

I also spoke with Hornby today and my worries have been put to bed, They told me that she could see the discounts on all my items ordered. I'm now making another order for some other items as I'm worried they may sell out and at these very reasonable prices I would be silly not to.

Im so pleased with whole TT Revolution Idea :) in central Europe TT became pretty popular in 90s and we still have it on a market just like N or HO. As I started my own Model Railway in TT few years ago, I cant wait to see even more products from british environment and add some bits from Hornby. I have been always saying that TT is the future and here we go!

Done it now. I’ve pre-ordered the easterner train set and track packs 2, 3, 4 and 5 looks like you get track pack 1 with the train set it says in the brochure not 100% sure but can be changed if Not.

Also the discount worked for me not sure if they fixed it or it’s different for some others.

I’m so excited this like being a pioneer of TT gauge. I have literally dreamt about this years ago a hornby train set I can fit on a table. So thank you Hornby for making my dreams come true.

ps looks some of the locos are considerably cheaper than OO and even N gauge I did a camparison roughly with the class 8 and some steam locomotives.

This actually caught me out completely. I have been collecting the old Tri-ang and Kitmaster TT3 models with a view to a smallish layout. The quality of the old products is pretty good for something that came out over 60 years ago. The loco wheels were mainly solid back then. The kits are really nice.

Here's one I photographed at the weekend.

52420938971_da2f28921a_c.jpg (800×600) (staticflickr.com)

Railway Models 2022 | Flickr

Mod edit: I have made your links clickable. The middle one didn’t seem relevant to the layout so I have not copied that across. I have the link saved.

There is no need with the forum to create new paragraphs, the software does it for you.

R-

Have you downloaded the brochure/catalogue? All the relevant info is in there. The Castle (and 9F) are planned for a later phase.

yes I did but I thought I saw them listed on the site the other day and now they are gone 😂

For more advanced track pieces, you might want to check out other brands including Peco and continental brands

More advanced track pieces are available from other manufacturers at the moment. Be sure to check the rail code and profile though. Not sure there are many conversion track pieces just yet. R-

For more advanced track pieces, you might want to check out other brands including Peco and continental brands

More advanced track pieces are available from other manufacturers at the moment. Be sure to check the rail code and profile though. Not sure there are many conversion track pieces just yet. R-

The Continental manufacturers use code 83 rail, Roger so it is compatible with Hornby and Peco's which are code 80. I've been mixing Tillig, Roco (both code 83) and Peco code 80 narrow gauge track for decades!! The only issue is that Tillig use "unitrack" that comes with moulded in ballast which means you'd have a height difference in the track (not the rail!) to deal with. Shades of Super 4 vs Series 6 for the oldies amongst you! Tillig do a double slip btw! ;)

if you go to brochure and guides which you can find in the tabs where you click for rolling stock,sets,locomotives then download the catalogue scroll down to current locomotives and just past steam you will see 9F's and castle class then you you carry on scrolling past diesels and class 43 you will see quiet a large selection of diesels they have planned for the future. I'm more than impressed with the large selection. Hope this helps. Frey