DCC decoder help

Ashley-1272867

I recently bought the hornby Hogwarts express train set and now want to add a decoder to my engine. I also want to add sound to my train. I believe I'm right there because the loco is the DCC ready model with the eight pin slot. but I need to know what decoder I need and is there enough room for a speaker to get the railsounds, bells, whistle ect. Much help would be appreciated.

Ash

If G.S' assessment is spot on and you haven't yet got a DCC controller. Then when (if) you do get one you will also have to replace or modify the train set track power connector for a DCC Digital version. The DC track power connectors included in sets have capacitors in them that corrupt the DCC Digital track signal. For digital, the track power connector capacitors need removing.

Yes, based on the Hall. I fitted a non-sound R8249 a few days ago. There is a metal frame in the tender that looks as if it is designed to support a TTS speaker and if I can find an R7294 for sale I might give it a try. The tender is easy enough to open up, although it needed a bit more care to get the body sitting flush on re-assembly.

Edit: the R7294 looks to be out-of-stock everywhere. Used the only option unless you buy a more expensive sound decoder?