Payment taken!

NobbyClark

Great news @NobbyClark.

I checked my account but no debits yet.

I don't think Hornby have ever said how many sets are in the first shipment. Maybe not enough to meet the number of orders. SK did say that demand had exceeded expectations.

I cancelled my initial order and then reordered so I would get the Hobby Points. I'm probably at the back of the queue now!

But I ordered a bunch of Tillig TT stuff to experiment with and I just spoke to the courier and I am meeting him to take delivery today. So some TT stuff to play with at last. Yay!

I got an email yesterday saying the Scotsman set will soon ship. And today I got an email from the delivery company here in the Czech Republic that the address was "undeliverable". joy

Fortunately it wasn't more complicated than to fill in the correct address in a web form (Hornby messed up the postal code, and for some inexplicable reason put the word "Schengen" in the address, just between my town's name and the postal code), and the set should be coming soon, perhaps even before X-mas... Now I only have to find a Next18 decoder, they seem to be sold out everywhere around here.

Just had an update from Hornby via email: We're sorry, your parcel has been delayed due to an unexpected issue.
Clicking on the tracking link, reveals a new word to my lexicon of knowledge: There's a delay with your parcel at our sortation facility.

I got exactly the same message about the sortation facility, had to doublecheck.

7 minutes later my parcel was delivered. The Blue Pullman that I ordered way back.

It’s great to hear so many good comments particularly with people who have actual product. 99% of me was sure this would be great and the other 1% will be convinced when an A4 with rake of BR MK1’s in maroon steams into ‘High Fell’ 😁 Most of my other pre orders are phase 2 so still a while off but lots still to do