Is anybody else having problems with DPD deliveries?

sxbiker

Well I found out why they didn't deliver yesterday. They delivered today to the wrong address. They left it at my back porch except I don't have a back porch. The photo is of an "old de worlde" house with an old oak door. There is no house in the immediate vicinity of where I live like that, so obviously they have delivered to wrong address. How you can do that woith modern post codes who knows?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well finally sorted it with a lot of help from a really helpful lady at Hornby. Once she had contacted DPD who gave me a sat nav image it became obvious. People seem to use Google maps which in my case takes you to the back of my property, the road is completely wrong, but so what the computer is always right. The location it takes you to is a bunch of garages at the back of my property. Now most people with an once of intelligence would immediately realise something is wrong but we have a DPD driver. Obviously not seeing any front doors didn't deter them and decided to leave it at my neighbor's back gate (being end of Terrace I have side access, so no need of a back gate). Amazingly it was still there, seeing it is a public thoroughfare that is even more amazing. So thumbs up to DPD Local.

On a more serious note the woman at Hornby Customer Service was so helpful, so thank you Hornby.

@ColinB

On my street there is an easy way for posties and couriers to get confused. I live at number 1. There are a number of side streets leading off our road, with properties on corner plots. The idiots who live in one of these corner houses have put their house number (1) on my road rather than round the corner on their street. It's actually in a different postcode but as the drivers reach that house first they just assume it's the right one.

Early in February when tracking my delivery from Hornby it spent 3 days in Scotland before arriving in Sheffield staying for two days then travelled to near Birmingham and finally to Manchester then delivered to me with two labels covering my address saying in big capital letters DO NOT COVER THE ADDRESS . It took nearly 10 days from the email so it is not only the drivers but warehouse staff too