Error code E0. No DCC fitted?

steven_robinson

Hello

hope someone can help a newbie. I have a digital virgin pendolino track which work fine. I purchased another train that seller said was DCC fitted. When I try to run on my digital track I get error code EO and train doesn’t run. The train run fine on my analogue track. Does this mean no DCC is fitted?

I believe E0 is an overload/short circuit warning. So if it only happens with that train on the track there is probably a fault. I'd check to see what happens with each individual carriage/end unit of the train on the track on their own just to confirm which is the cause but you may need to contact the seller.

@ST

Not necessarily, but it could mean a faulty decoder, again, not necessarily. To find out if a decoder is fitted you will need to remove the body of the loco to see if there is a decoder in the socket or just a blanking plate. What is the R number of your loco? By the way, if there is no decoder fitted you should not try running it on a DCC layout or you will almost certainly damage the motor.

EO on an updated Select means Emergy Off, normally seen as the result of a short on track - see page iii of the Select v1.6 addendum to the manual. EO will cut all track power as opposed to ES which stops all locosbut leaves track power on.

Does the Pendo buzz before the power dies, if so that is a firm indication there is no decoder fitted. It could be there is a decoder fitted but the installation is awry creating a short.