Hornby Model World : TV Programme

Engine shed 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll all be keenly looking for several things I'm sure:

1. How much is mentioned of TT120 - very important to Hornby's future obviously.
  2. How many locomotives are to get the metal running boards ... to become standard fitment?
  3. Progress on the new 'synchrosmoke' or whatever it's going to be called now.
  4. Turbomotive and P2 - any production examples presented?
  5. Many more besides - the Black 5 - will we see an example of each variant to be produced?
  6. How about a Jubilee to join them? ....

Al.

This will be in Episode 1 - The iconic Locomotive Flying Scotsman is scaled down 120 times from real life, rendering some features almost invisible to the naked eye, or too small to even mould.

Episode 2 - Young designer Prad has just 30 days to reinvent the model railway starter kit, while musician and host Jools Holland reveals his incredible 45-foot layout hidden away in his loft.

Just went on to UKtvplay website, according to tv guide on website and on Sky tv guide as well,

Hornby: A Model World Series 2 Episode 1 will be aired on Thursday 12.01.2023 at 2100hrs.

Repeat will be on Sunday 15.01.2023 at 2200hrs.

Hope they stick to this and we can watch, record as well.

Regards

Like everyone else I was disappointed with what happened last night.

However, I had to chuckle when I saw Christopher Stevens' review of last night's TV in todays Daily Mail. He has written a complete write up of "what was on" i.e. what was supposed to be on. Wonder where he got his information from. Incidentally, he gave it four out of five stars. Mind you, I didn't go much on his review. He talks about product director Simon Kohler, having run out of vintage steam engines to recreate in miniature, has come up with the

"brilliant idea of doing all the same trains...but even smaller." [unquote] obviously referring to TT120. He then goes on to say,
"It seems a counterintuitive choice: I'd have expected that enthusiasts would demand bigger models with more visible detail." [unquote] Admittedly he does also state "but then, I'm not a collector."

Having seen that Deem has said it will be shown on Thursday I've just had a look at the on screen TV listings on Freesat, (my provider), and it does indeed list it as being on Thursday at 2100 hours. However, according to the listing it is not the programme that was due to be shown last night. It says, "Merchant Navy: A perfect diecast replica of a Merchant Navy steam locomotive is the task for Hornby's design team. Engineer Chris tries to capture the authentic sounds of a Light Pacific loco."

I'm sure this is a repeat from the first series. I distinctly remember seeing the chap recording the sounds with an extended microphone.

I just uploaded screen shot of sky go app, tv guide showing Hornby: A Model World

Thursday 2100

In title state, Series 2,ep 1

Details description is showing series 1 ep 1,

I could be wrong but I think because Yesterday channel had to change airing time, they are showing new series first episode but description is from last series.