Beatles Train Set

Patricia -1282602

Hello Patricia

Hornby does not monitor these pages. The moderators of this forum are not Hornby employees nor are they Hornby representatives.

I hear every word. You examined an offering for an item and thought that an image in the offering was representative of the item. That is, you thought you were getting more product, because Hornby showed you a picture with that "more".

You will get no satisfaction here. You may contact customer service at

customerservices.uk@hornby.com

The head of marketing is Mr. Simon Kohler. He does reply to emails

Simon.Kohler@hornby.com

Bee

Welcome to the forum Patricia,

I had to read your post a few times to try and understand your complaint, unlike WATB.

I think you are saying there are only two carriages in the pack but I am not sure what you mean by "full livery". If you are talking about the set R30258 (this is currently only available Pre-order) then this website clearly shows and lists three carriages/wagons.

Why do you think there are only two, not three?

@Patricia, welcome to the Forum

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

More details here

Hi Patricia,

I just got that pack and it indeed is only a loco and 2 carriages. You may have been confused by the pictures which show the pack from both sides. It may look like there are 2 locos and 4 carriages, but the description at the bottom of the page clearly states it is 1 loco and 2 carriages. Mine is staying in the box for the time being.

@37Lover

Hi there 👋

I sometimes go back over my posts to look for spelling errors and grammatical errors. I am fussed about the details, so when I note a misspelled word, I simply edit the post without notice. This enhances the reader's experience, since they focus on flow of, not the mechanics of, a sentence.

Occasionally, factual errors creep in, so I may edit the response, but I will note the edit for the readers. I like to own my mistakes. They are mine, afterall.

Perhaps you may have noticed an error?

Bee

37Lover said to Patricia: "I had to read your post a few times to try and understand your complaint, unlike WATB."

Why did you feel it necessary to add that personal attack? I should really like to hear your rationale 37Lover.  

I did take the time to understand Patricia's complaint and provided appropriate, calm and rational advice.

WATB,

Woah! There was no personal attack, quite the opposite, you have taken my comment completely the wrong way. Sorry for any perceived ambiguity. The "unlike WATB" was referring only to me not understanding Patrica's post.

I was complimenting you on being able to understand Patrica's grievance and I couldn't. You will see my comment was based on wrongly assuming we were discussing set R30528.

Hello 37Lover

I will attribute this misunderstanding to the great aluminum/aluminium debate. I took umbrage when you meant it the other way around. A "British-ism" which went right over my head.

I will say that I constructed over a dozen messages in response, but held off because none of those messages were polite, in even the slightest degree.

Thank you for settling this like a gentleman. It is appreciated

Bee