What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

Yes SCF, I used a small enclosure and put it in the fuel tank space. I snipped the speaker wire part way along, fed through the hole through the chassis and circuit board and resoldered the plug section back on with some heat shrink tube on. It all fits very easily with no drama. I noticed yours a slightly different livery, do you have the illuminating side plates? The quality of the mechanisms is excellent and detail and decoration impressive especially at the price!

Perfect many thanks RM as alwaysthumbsup

the only lights I have are the directional ones - which work very well and nice and bright, I think it’s actually a BR131 which probably explains the slightly different livery?

But at the price from Germany I’m very very happy (below the £135 VAT threshold)

If you are running on HM DCC, try the auxiliary lighting functions on page 3, mine also has independent red marker lamps front and rear. The sideplate lighting works with std headlamp function. I’m running the class 50 sound files, I think it’s a good compromise 😁

@MikeMart the adapter came from Modellbahnshope- lippe in Germany hopefully this link will work

https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/Product+search/gb/liste.html?s=51996

RM I only have the three forward white lights and two rear red operated through aux21 - no side plate lighting though

I was wondering which sound profile to use so your class 50 recommendation is much appreciatedthumbsup

hi scf i just received a tillig train set for £107 p+p was about £11.00 from germany

what is the £135 vat threshold.

how does it work the prices you pay are less german vat at 20% so

i thought they would add uk vat at customs that would make it about £139 and i would have to pay extra fees i am sorry for asking but i like buying tillig and piko locos from germany but i try to keep it under £95 +pp now just in case they add the uk vat to the order

thank you happy ttblush

hi scf i did not pay any vat on my item just export price and p+p if they had add the vat i would have been over . i think they do sell gift vouchers £20 to £80 could use it to keep the total price lower than the £135 i would like to get a piko vectron but they are £150+.

i like the look of the piko br131 that you just received it has a plux16 decoder socket to very nice for the money

i might get one in the next visit to the site or some tilig wagons i wish it could be both short of cash i like the arnold container wagons very good price no vat you cant buy them on hornbys web site any way

have a look at the tilig train sets nice loco and rolling stock the track look like kato and the controller is for better than hornby and at a nice price happy shopping at msl

thank you happy tt blush