HM7000 app working

david_watts1

You have found at least one of mine 🤣 if we could post video on here I was tempted to say since fitting the HM7000 decoder the engine wouldn’t start….

Hopefully I should have my A4 back and got a HM7000 decoder for it ready for it so she should be staring in a video soon 😁

Why would you need the source code for the app and why would Hornby give it away under a GPL. It is someones very expensive-to-develop property.
Quite right, RAF! Computer code is copyright, a right which is generated automatically under the law of most sophisticated jurisdictions.
Unauthorised copying of computer code is an actionable infringement of that copyright.

Android itself is an port to the ARM processor of the Linux kernel issued under GPL with some mods by google and some manufacturers of phones do make their particular source code available.

GPL means anyone is free to modify the code but if they distribute it in anyway the have to in turn make their own code available free to all.

In this case if a development appeared that Hornby liked they could include it in their App unchanged or modify without any payment to anybody.

You did askyum