HM6010 Power with HM7000

B.O.D.

Following discussions yesterday I have now redesigned my layout to incorporate a number of HM6010 units into my layout to operate points, lights, etc.

I note for the user guide for the HM6010 unit running under DCC it takes power for the track rather than a dedicated power supply.

I plan to use a brick 4 amp supply directly connected to the track.

Can I use fishplate droppers from the powered track to the HM6010 units to power them or do I need to look at other solutions?

There is a post somewhere about using DCC to power the 6010.

In essence if you power it by the PSU Jack input you can use the basic features under app control but if you power it from the DCC track you can only use it under DCC control, but this gives you the advantage of being able to use all the features built across from the R8247 v2.0.

In the fullness of time the app will have user control for these additional features but not just yet.

So are you saying, that if we wait, we can use DCC track power to power the 6010 and use the HMDCC app and have full function?

Also i tried and failed to find the post about the power & 6010, is it dedicted post or part of another post?

Maybe a 6010 and HMDCC/DCC sticky might be worth having , as we seem to be getting multiple posts about the same thing?

Thanks

I am saying that the 6010 at the latest firmware revision will act just like an R8247 rev2.0 when powered by DCC and access by a DCC controller. I have not tried it yet to prove the pudding.

In the fullness of time you will be able to use the full features from the app, but that is on the to-do list along with other things.

I know this is someone else's post, but i don't plan to use a DCC Controller.

I want to use a DC power supply, to feed the track.

I then want to feed the 6010's from the track DCC supply and control it all from the app.

If that is possible today?

Thanks

@Dodge

No.

I am confused - you say you do not want to use a DCC controller but then you talk to DCC supply. Please clarify.

If you power it from DC then you can control accessories from the app. If you power it from DCC you can only control accessories from a DCC controller.

In addition you cannot have the track powered both by direct DC AND by DCC at the same time.

DC track supply is direct 15v DC from a PSU. DCC track supply is the 15v digital signal from the Track output of a DCC controller.

Edit - the lost post referred to by you earlier is I think this one… https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/hm7000-points-control-349621?ccm_paging_p=1#end-of-replies

Appologies, i typed with haste..

No DCC Controller and No DCC at all.

15V power supply feeding the track and then the track feeding the 6010's.

Glad i don't need a load of P9100's to power the 6010's..

Thanks for finding the post, will take a look..

No transformer is capable of outputting DCC only DC (a transformer that outputs AC is not suitable in this this context - so is ignored).

Edit: my original response (below) is incorrect - the developers have confirmed that powering 6010s through the track connection using DC is supported.

The only caveat is to ensure the transformer is capable of producing enough current (amps) to supply all of the intended devices.

**Incorrect text please ignore, left to show correction.**

The 6010 track connection does not support DC power - it is only provided as a connection method for those with an existing DCC layout (i.e. layout controlled by a Select/Elite/eLink/etc).

• source and solder up the DC plugs required by the 6010 DC sockets.

As stated by LT my previously restrictive answer has now been clarified by Hornby, but the basic premise is if you feed it DCC you control it by DCC and if you feed it DC by either connection method (Jack plug or Track A-B terminals) then you control it via the app. Note there is no CV12 flip switch for the 6010 module.

Just to confirm so there is no doubt the Track A-B terminals of the 6010 will accept either DCC or DC and operation method is dependant upon what type of power is being fed.