TT buildings

ukpooky

Has anyone found any good 'out of the box' TT:120 scale building solutions?

I'm looking for some station buildings for my platforms

So far the best option seems to be RailScenes and scale it down on the printing - although then I have to go to a printers who can do high quality printing onto the right thickness card

I've emailed Superquick and Metcalf to see if they will offer TT.

Other than Hornby’s resin buildings, they offer some in their Arnold range to but more Continental in appearance, so far I have only seen kits.

Peco, In The Green Wood Laser, some 3D printed huts from West Hill Wagon Works.

Last time someone spoke with Metcalfe it was not something they were planning in the immediate future.

Peco have a small country station building, that can be made into a larger one with 2 kits as I did. TT:120 Country Station Kit – PECO (peco-uk.com)

And also a wooden shelter (I have one coming for the second platform). Not yet on Peco Website but I got mine on ebay: Peco LK-12109 TT Gauge Platform Shelter Kit 5050881069592 | eBay

These are laser cut wood, vey fine and detailed too.

In The Green Wood also have a small and large station building:

TT-ST002 Small Station Building TT:120 Gauge Laser Cut Kit | eBay

TT-ST005 "Hesketh" Station Building TT:120 Gauge Laser Cut Kit | eBay

Actually I have found Metcalfe N gauge kits are a close match to TT. As a case in point, Scalescenes produce OO gauge buildings which they recommend are printed at 63% to give TT scale. Printing the terraced houses at 65% give a close match to Metcalfe N corner shops.

I will be making up some Scalescenes shortly and will post a comparison.

Between Metcalfe and Scalescenes is a huge range to choose from. It seems other makers too.

I have looked at terraced house dimensions for Metcalfe N Card kit, Gaugemaster N plastic kit and 3D-Pluss N card kit.

From dimensions alone, the GM Plastic looks to be close to proper N scale, with Metcalfe and 3D-Pluss card kits looking similar to each other and larger.

As a row of 8 N gauge terraced houses from 3D-Pluss was just £13.99 delivered, I thought I would see what they were like and how they look size wise.

Has anyone used Modelux products? They seem to be doing some of their industrial models in TT120 scale, including a pit head based on Gedling in Nottinghamshire:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115596793140?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818143230%26meid%3Da3229986308346b88ba3f9b1dd4b3a55%26pid%3D101224%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D115597937145%26itm%3D115596793140%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganicWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

Yes i built the triple TT engine shed the other day, ordered another one and a water tower.

Very thin detail and fragile.. My fingers need to be half the thickness.. But look real good and fit well.. just waiting for the footbridges now..

The 3D-Pluss card kit I received in N scale, has been partially built, so I thought I would offer up a TT120 scale guard to judge sizing.

By the looks of it, not too far off, and as the houses will be mid board area for my layout, I think it may work OK.

Judge for yourselves blush

forum_image_6439858b209c7.thumb.png.8f3886c8d7a577c1a8f0a59e85deb577.png

Looking at the size of the door/person I'd agree.

If anything the bricks are too big, a normal brick is about 3", plus mortar course, say 4", and there are 12 courses of brick alongside that door (which would be 6' 6" minimum), meaning it's 48" or 4ft! Mind you, if they are too big for TT they are massive for N!! :)

Mind you, that's nick-picking, from a distance, it should be fine...

Have a look at Auhagen which is the largest and oldest producer of TT buildings... some of them can be found on ebay or elsewhere. All their buildings are plastic, good looking, easy to weather if needed

https://auhagen.de/produkte/modellbahnzubehoer-fuer-tt

Also, ModellBahn Union started to produce their own laser cut buildings since last year.

https://www.modellbahnunion.com/TT-gauge.htm?shop=modellbahn-union-en&a=catalog&p=99557&filter=k999999g3476p3718

Igra Models create laser cut models as well

https://www.igramodel.cz/kategorie/stavby

Faller also creates some of them in TT, but not many, although you might find some on ebay again as years ago they had a range of TT products but that already stopped with them.

For British style buildings, I'm afraid you will need to wait few more years until some range will be developed, so far what I've seen it's not many of them and if so - pretty poor quality :(

Thanks @Rallymatt :)

@david_watts1 - no I don't unfortunately, but I am seriously thinking of setting up a shop as I've had a few people at my model rail club asking too, and I've got a few designs I'm working on for my layout.

I'd be happy with £5 each plus a couple of pounds postage, if that works for you and are ok with Paypal, my email is shaung75 'at' gmail.com

Has anyone used smartmodels.co.uk?

I came across them because I am looking for plastic chimney pots for my card buildings (Metcalfe and Scalescenes).

So I can source the chimney pots, they also do people, benches, lamps etc. All useful to bring the layout to life. They can also produce some of their standard 3d printed items in TT scale if requested.

The other thing they do is printed sheets in pdf. Like scalescenes it should b possible to download oo scale buildings and print at 63% to give 1:120 scale.

I have also seen references in this forum to railscenes - one and the same as scalescenes. And the same is true of townscenes.

I have used Smartmodels. Chimney pots for Wordsworth card models, Firemen (awaiting my daughter to paint for me), Fencing to go on top of my tunnel mouth. It was mentioned somewhere that it is not true TT1:120 but I think it looks OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on smart models goods shed.

Construction is well underway and it has a lot of detail.

I printed the oo scale sheets at 63% to give tt:120.

The rail entry into the shed is very tight. This is the same issue I had with the Metcalfe n scale kit, but less severe. This time I tested the entrance before things went too far.

So I have made the entry wider. Height might also be an issue if the track is bedded on cork, so it may be necessary to raise the base level a little.

The vent vans seem quite wide and these are the ones that struggle with the entrance.