I despair with Hornby sometimes

koo9

Does anyone have a Class 08 R2903XS BR model please? I asked hornby through email, if the white grab handles are a spare part and if so what is the part number. The reply was "look at the service sheets etc." However the one online doesn't include that

particular model. If you have a copy please have a look at your paperwork, mine is lost, and tell me please. This is the model with sound fitted. Thanks

I have just checked mine and it does, of course, come with such items attached. However, I can see no mention of any specific spares at all in the Operating and Maintenance Instructions, apart from saying "Spare parts packs can be ontained from Hornby

Service Dealers who are also able to offer a repair service."

Graskie said:

I have just checked mine and it does, of course, come with such items attached. However, I can see no mention of any specific spares at all in the Operating and Maintenance Instructions, apart from saying "Spare parts packs

can be ontained from Hornby Service Dealers who are also able to offer a repair service."

Thank you, I will need to make my own and stop looking for them elswhere.

body spares are not generally produced. asked about replacement panto for hornby 87, only to be told that they are not being produced as spare parts. all other hornby electric locomotives have pantos available. there is nothing more annoying than breaking

something on your model and not being able to replace it !!!!!!

RAFHAAA96th said:

SOT said '...Today's locos are throwaway items in general...'
But at today's prices I can't afford to throw them very far.
Rob

That is why I either buy small cheap new locos or second hand, I enjoy this

hobby on a small budget and will not pay for fancy new locos that cannot be fixed if the break down.

Staples are even bigger than the plastic hand rails. They do make great lamp brackets though, not a whole staple of course, that would be silly.

Hand rail wire is available for a couple of quid and you get about 10 feet of the stuff, enough to make

rails for lots of locos plus those on brake vans etc.

Yes, they are my spokesmen JLBA, sorry Dinkey, oh I mean Trax, they know more than me!

Archived