TTS CV’s vs HM7000CVs

Fazy

I am try to get my HM7000 sound decoder to sound more like a 4cyclinder for the princess.

I have emailed a chap at Hornby, let’s call him Simon for arrangements sake, Now he’s given me some CV changes to help that some one did on a TTS decoder which the HM7000 sound file is based on apparently. Part of this was to add 16 to CV 29 duly don and a list of other changes. But the list of CVs numbers of TTS don’t match the HM7000 CVs showing image of the list below. Any help would be welcome. Even If it’s just a case of adding a number to the numbers.

forum_image_64394d420e595.thumb.png.41d1e7ac86563c1380eb959840c5d673.png

TXS is a whole new build not TTS derived so those numbers can only be used as a guide. What you are doing is fudging the complex speed curve to match the TXS chuff bands.

I suggest you RTFM to see which TXS CVs relate to the complex speed curve as well as look at the section for CV29 to see what value is required to be added to invoke the complex speed curve, but as the manual says, it’s easier to use an on-line CV29 calculator for which a direct hyperlink is provided in the manual.

So with the greatest respect 96RAF, what your saying is what I have been told was the 7000 sound file is new and is not based on what tts or to put it another way plane wrong, That’s fine mix ups happen.

But the only way round to get a 4 cylinder Princess sound from a downloaded ‘Princess’ sound file too, is to fudge it some what to make it sound like what it is reported to be.

what springs to mind is why? I mean can the decoder hold a full sound file? If so why not just hold back on the release until the file is ready.

i don’t mean to rubbish the HM7000 system, I have ordered a second one for a 4f, and I think I’ll take the Princess Royal one out and pop it in a black 5 the sound quality is fine and the app is good too. It’s just lacking 2chuffs on the Princess’s on the Princess files..

@Fazy the devs have confirmed that the info you have received (regarding TTS origin & speed curve modification necessity) is correct & came from them.

The CVs that you have been provided with to change, are the ones for the TXS decoder - but it appears that a caveat has gone astray in the passing of messages.

These CVs are currently only editable using a DCC controller - but inclusion of this facility into the app is planned for a future update.

TTS decoder was very basic and little in the way of CVs could be changed hence no opportunity to fudge the chuffs like you can on TXS decoders. The TXS sound files are more complex and refined than the old ones and my comment was meant to infer they are not the exact same files simply flipped over and renamed.

Another way of varying the lowest speed to match the chuffs is to alter CV2, vstart. I've just changed this from 2 to 5 on my Bachmann 3MT Tank, and I get 4 chuffs per revolution which I think is correct for a 2 cylinder loco. The Railmaster scale speed parameters may have an effect on this too, so don't take the 5 as gospel.

It's not as accurate as changing CVs 67 to 94, but much quicker if you just want realism at the slowest speed, and you can change CV2 in real time via the app.

Regards, John