HM7000 sound files

Bobbynomad

I've scanned the barcode on the box AND the instruction manual with my phone but it only takes you to the Hornby website NOT to the Google App Store. Now I read there is NO app for android phones!! How do I get the sound files onto my decoder without the app or have I just bought another pig in a poke from Hornby?

Now I read there is NO app for android phones!! How do I get the sound files onto my decoder without the app.......

YOU can't without the APP. The Android APP is coming. You need to have patience. If you can't be patient, then you can ask Hornby Customer Services to take the decoder back and load the sounds for you, which may possibly be a charged for service. Failing that, return the decoder to the seller for a refund.

The only way to install sound files (or control via Bluetooth) is through the app. Currently the apple iOS app has been released and the android app is being tested prior to release. The decoders can be operated by a DCC controller.

No you have not bought another pig-in-a-poke from Hornby. Maybe you would like to list examples of other pigs-in-a-poke you have bought recently. Other folk on the forum may like to express an opinion.

What you do now is what everyone else with an Android device has done for the last few weeks - you wait for the test team to sign off the final build and then you wait for Google to plod through its Play Store procedure to launch the app.

Unless you have been on the moon for the last many weeks you would know that the Android app is coming soon. The forum, social media and the associated product pages are all flagging it up and have been for weeks.

forum_image_647748fd4dcf6.thumb.png.b5db08f2b05674460a986473799c80fd.png

As I post this here, this topic is sitting only 8 above this one: https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/hm-7000-android-app-availability-349980?ccm_paging_p=10#end-of-replies

I don’t think it unreasonable that forum users have a look around before raising new threads. However I do accept that topics which no longer appear on the front page of the forum may as well be on the dark side of the moon. This one isn’t.

... have I just bought another pig in a poke from Hornby?

Only time will answer that. There is no doubt the launch was badly managed and Hornby's communication was poor. Whether the end product is any good, I can't say until I get the chance to use it.

I'd probably wait for the Application to come out. I doubt that it will be in the next few weeks though.

As far as I can make out they are resolving some issues identified from the release to the apple users before they release it, so you'll probably see an iOS update come along first.

I'd probably wait for the Application to come out. I doubt that it will be in the next few weeks though.
As far as I can make out they are resolving some issues identified from the release to the apple users before they release it, so you'll probably see an iOS update come along first.

You are obviously better informed than members of the test team so we bow to your superior authority on these matters.

As far as I can make out, they are resolving some issues identified from the release to the apple users before they release it, so you'll probably see an iOS update come along first.

You are obviously better informed than members of the test team so we bow to your superior authority on these matters.

Opinion, based on observation. I've highlighted some words that will help you to identify when something is an opinion.

Might I suggest you include in your observations posts originating from the test team given their current knowledge of progress.
In particular, a quick check through RAF’s posting history may well be useful.

I did, the last mention of time by him (outside of this thread) was "It should not be too long now." on 15 May. That'll be three weeks ago on Monday, so that opinion turned out not to be. Same day as he posted up some screen shots of the test app. That was about 10 pages back in his posting history, I didn't feel like wasting any more of my life going further back.

In the Beyond the buffers video on 25 April, George Waller said about teething issues from the iOS launch that they were "working on first and foremost."

He also talked about fixing the sound installation bug before they release the Android version as well. Feel free to watch the video and tell me he didn't say those things.

Sorry Barry, try this instead, particularly the post from SteveM6 - https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/hm-7000-android-app-availability-349980?ccm_paging_p=10#end-of-replies
No mention of iOS first here.

What about that post, he doesn't say anything about the order of development. He didn't say Android first either. Nobody from within Hornby or the developer has since that Beyond the buffers video.

I see in that thread, the penultimate post by Rallymatt reached exactly the same conclusion from the same information.