Hornby TT:120 Diorama Challenge

Rallymatt

As layouts are developing and some great skills are being seen, who is going to have a go? Some excellent prizes on offer and there is nothing like a little competition to get things going 😁

UPDATE 06/09/23

The entry closing date has been extended to 17/09/23 (23:59) and don’t forget to read the T&Cs so you don’t miss something off your entry.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Moccasin, I’m sure everyone can come up with something, and we are often our own worst critics, rarely am I not inspired by other’s creativity, sometimes it’s very simple things down very well that are the best (I nick that idea and put a lot of weathering on it to cover up my mistakes 🤣)

@Mocassin whilst this is in no way up to the standards usually on show, it’s very satisfying how much improvement a few trees and a church can make to a corner of the layout thumbsup

Give it a go I say - incidentally I have zero modelling skills or experience and even less patience grinning

forum_image_647c5311533ce.thumb.png.da60a921b827eff7385d5a4ad6dee485.png

• 2 months later...

As I understand it, the marketing team at Hornby are judging all the entries and it’s a majority vote. The details are in the T&C’s. Making it a diorama challenge really opens opportunity up to someone who maybe has only just started a layout, but can enter a small scene

07/09/23 deadline for this one Dave. I’m expecting great things from you, cold or no cold!

I really hope people enter because after all the froth about this and that it’s really is about the modelling and playing trains.

I have a confession to make, this is the first time I have ever got to do the scenery. As kids we were never allowed to do a proper fixed layout, later it never got further than some of track laid, so TT:120 really has been a dream come true. It’s taken 50 years but worth waiting for 😁

07/09/23 deadline for this one Dave. I’m expecting great things from you, cold or no cold!
I really hope people enter because after all the froth about this and that it’s really is about the modelling and playing trains.
I have a confession to make, this is the first time I have ever got to do the scenery. As kids we were never allowed to do a proper fixed layout, later it never got further than some of track laid, so TT:120 really has been a dream come true. It’s taken 50 years but worth waiting for 😁

I know that feeling been wanting a set for last 5 years but no space and TT solved it

• 3 weeks later...

I'm spending a wee while this afternoon with my camera trying out shots for the competition. I've got a couple of scenic items on order that I'm hoping will arrive in the next day or two so I can get them included. One shot that's definitely going in is the billboard with the Half Man Half Biscuit 'in church hall if wet' graffiti lyric!

forum_image_64f499d25d971.thumb.png.3927fe1868f57ece7bb30fa158849528.png