Setting direction on the two NDM's of my APT

ace2507

I have finally set up DCC on my layout after two years using DC. Got the Western Master set out of storage, set up Railmaster and elink then managed to set up a couple of locos with no issues.

Now for the APT with two NDM's, I installed standard Hornby decoders in the two NDM's and Tramfabriek function only decoders in the driving cars. Set the train back up with the two NDM's opposite to each other so one shows the double Arrow logo and the other InterCity APT on each side. Set them in motion and got lots of wheel spin but no movement. I then realised they were both trying to go in opposite directions so can someone tell me how I set them up to go in the same direction without having to turn them round which would mean the logos being incorrect.

Two things…

1. Some western master digital sets were provided with analogue track power connectors. If yours is one of these then you should snip out the capacitor if present.
  2. Reverse one NDM direction by altering the value of CV29. See online CV29 calculator or do it in RM.