A68222 Tiger Starter Set

Topcat_Ern

22 hours ago, paul71 said:

is there a certain make of resin you use for this 

I use glass fibre resin.  I buy a half litre bottle and hardener for about 11 Euro.  I only use small amounts - mostly swimming pools in my liners - but it has a myriad of uses around the house.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, modeling maniac said:

The peg technique you have used has given me an idea 💡, thanks sailorman.

Yes pegs are useful for holding small parts.  It the part is heavy then you just clip another peg to the first peg, but at right angles to it.   My better half was always complaining the her pegs were always covered in paint ...so I bough a boxful for my myself!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that Lidl restocked a few weeks back and the Tiger Moths are done and dusted, back to the Tiger.  The one variation not attempted was the Early Version.  So with a dive into the spares box, making a few bits and bobs.  A Tiger Early Version.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e517738aa59a368e29ea8169fe60548.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5c5abcc1a85871f0fada77f1cc306044.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.efb353dc506d6f97ce7757893c038250.jpeg

The turret roof needed the 'fume extractor' moving and the removal of the periscope port.

image.thumb.jpeg.38d2eaa3ad46070bdd4e428edcff4cb2.jpeg

And the rest was the air intakes and filters, headlamps (sanded cocktail stick derived), smoke launchers (cocktail stick derived) and distorted fenders (metal toothpaste tube derived) and aerial (0.15 mm copper wire).

Think that's it for the Lidl Starter kit and options now.

Andy

• Like 6