(Just for fun) Headlamp configuration on Santa's Express

HST Mainline

Rudolf’s nose being bright but also red causes an issue, a red light is for the rear of the train. I’m sure the Railways Inspectorate would want to have a chat with Mr S Claus about that.

source: ‘Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer’ A document detailing the specification of Rudolf lighting equipment.

Harry Potter's 'Castle' that's really a Hall, has it right hasn't it?

Just get an adhesive print of Rudolph, centring his nose around the red lamp!

That's what I remembered from the promotions.

Thought it was orange, but just viewed Sams' Trains' review - box art shows orange-red yet it's as blue-white as an led could get during the testing!

Al.

I accept this may just be me - but I fail to see why a magical flying Reindeer (who happens to have a red nose) must be emitting a ‘red’ light..?

Surely magic overcomes all laws of physics & therefore emitted light can be any colour(s) desired?!

If we are to keep to the iconography, then Rudolph must lead the conveyance.

The practice of a white light forward and a red light to the rear extends all the way back to the Liverpool and Manchester Railway [Signals and Regulations, rules 2 and 3].

This sets up a conflict between long established rules and popular iconography around a beloved holiday. Yet Santa predates the railway industry by more than a millenia, given his fourth century origins.

This is Santa, and he determines the rules that apply to his conveyance. If Santa wants Rudolph to guide his train, who is the Railway Safety and Standards Board to disagree. They have no power over Santa. They cannot enforce compliance.

The rules of precedence will apply. Rudolph may guide the conveyance, even with his red nose.

Bee