HM DCC APP - Loco Image Size

John-375749

Thanks for your replies but when I import the picture I get a yellow box which cuts off part of the picture which can't be resized to cover all the pic.

I have tried resizing the picture but it's always outside the yellow box.

What I was looking for was a recommended picture size eg. 1024 x 768 pixels.

Sorry John, but your losing me as to why you would want to import a picture. When you open your app, and call up a particular loco, you get the option to create an image of your loco. By hitting "edit" you get the option to either import, take photo and remove image. By tapping "take photo", which assuming you decide to do, you then get the option to "use the photo" and by tapping that option, the photo is then attached to that particular loco. No need for cropping or pixel counts. When you take the picture, you decide whether you want a close-up or something else.

I think that because the picture that appears on the Control screen is long and thin, the image is cropped accordingly by the App.

This means that when you take the photo of your loco you need to ensure that it fills the middle third of the ‘normal’ photo screen, before you accept the photo as the one you want to use. I’ve found that I have to experiment with several shots before I get it perfectly aligned.

It can be a bit of a faff, but you get there eventually.