2024 range

rman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I had read that 2024 would be a "catch-up" year? So we should not expect too much? Also that Hornby would not announce "new" items until they were about to become physically available. We shall see next week.

It has been a Hornby tradition for many years to announce the new range alongside release of the catalogue in the second week of January, a couple of months after a press day at Hornby Towers for the hobby magazines and some retailers.

As has been said, this year we are likely to see some changes in what is actually announced as Hornby have already indicated a new strategy going forward - we will find out next week what this actually means.

BritInVanCA, Hornby TT:120 announcements are indeed April but International range traditionally is revealed day after Hornby Jan release so there may be something interesting in Arnold TT:120 on 10/01/24. Nothing in stone but what I have learned on the International section of forum 👍

Of course it should be, in its mission statement it states it is a discussion forum so I see no reason why you can't guess. If it follows previous years ones it will basically be a wish list to be fulfilled sometime in the future. I do though, get the opinion that the new management is trying to run it like a normal business, so who knows?

In that case, here are my predictions. I’m focusing mainly on modern image as my knowledge on steam & early diesel is extremely limited.

Likely

Re-liveries of the HST’s, so many to choose from so guessing is a bit difficult.

Another Flying Scotsman variant. Possibly the version with the white roof.

More LNER A1, A3 & A4 Pacific’s

More Class 66’s in various liveries.

More of those little Ruston shunters & Pecketts

Possibly

4-VEP in NSE and Connex liveries.

67027 in Gbrf livery.

Network Rail Class 153.

Class 73/9’s with old incorrect tooling.

Wild Card

Class 313 and other variants that can be made from the same tooling. This is based on a hint, so not completely wild guess.

A small detail, but I do hope they keep the catalogue itself the same format and style as we’ve seen the last few years, since 2010 at least.

I seem to remember a comment back in 2022 about how they hoped the 2023 range would be disappointing, jokingly of course, because they wouldn’t be able to stop themselves buying things. It made me laugh, but I definitely see the real side of it.

There is normally a "deal" with both the catalogue and Hornby Magazine be bought together. The next edition of Hornby Magazine would normally be available now (beginning of the month), but I assume is being held back as it will(?) contain details of any 2024 model announcements.

I don't recall it being HM I thought it was Model Rail? - I have subscribed to the magazine for years, and it normally arrives a few days before being available over the counter. I note in the last edition that it says next edition due on the 11th January 2024 - so a couple of days after the 2024 announcements - it will be interesting to see whether it arrives earlier?

I hope there's something interesting, even if it's just consolidating recent years' announcements and better defining more details.

The Hattons' announcement sort-of put a dampener on it just for now.

Life goes on, as they say.

Al.

Well , that was a bit of a damp squib. Presume with so much still outstanding, its a catching up year. perhaps they are saving all their pennies for TT range.

Hi John - for months Hornby have said 2024 will be a catch-up year, so it's not surprising there are not dozens of new models. B