Were is my Reset Passcode ?

Hi all

I'm having trouble linking up my HMDCC with my Engine.

I've attached a photo of the products that I'm using and the reset passcode that I'm receiving when trying to link the device.

Does anybody know what I need to do.

Any help is gratefully received

thanks

Neilforum_image_65aa5cee56faa.thumb.png.b5a0e3e84c3658f5e785d0d4f6084370.pngforum_image_65aa5cf0de865.thumb.png.04b29ebdd4d509cfb1ce539106c0e859.png

If you are receiving that reset message when trying to link decoder & phone/tablet for the first time, the solution is to switch off power to track & switch off phone/tablet, (wait approx 30secs) then switch everything back on again. Decoder should then link correctly with app.

The reset code is the full Bluetooth LE address. You should be able to scan for it with any BLE device.

The decoder address is in the form a4c138xxyyyy

where

a4c138 is allocated to the manufacturer.

xx appears to be 00 in all sold devices so far ( the exception being samples supplied to the testers)

yyyy are the last 4 characters in the device name.

So only xx being 00 was a likely guess.

Mine did that when it got confused. If you use a bluetooth app it will scan all the devices and give you the address remove the colons ( I think it used colons as separators) and that is the address. With mine the HM7000 App had got itself in a mess. In the end deleted the App and reloaded it. From my experience they needs to be a ton more work done on the error handling for the HM7000 app. I got the same as you when I tried updating the software in a HM7000 and I did nothing different to all the other times I update a device. In the end deleted the App and reloaded it and it sorted itself out.

Ok, Thanks for the reset code, Hornby also kindly sent it to me.

And re the not linking problem... Well, I decided to update the software on my iPhone and that sorted that problem out ie the the app linked the device very quickly.

So maybe the whole thing was about the old software on my iPhone, the two systems not being able to communicate fully with each other ? So that's a lesson learnt there.

Thanks to everybody that helped on this one,

Neil

• 3 months later...

I have had a similar problem. My mistake it now seems was that I used the wrong app to Link the loco decoder. I used HMDC app (for HM6000 series) rather than the HMDCC app for the HM7000 series. 
I have sent the request to HORNBY for the reset code but may have to wait 7 working days for a reply. Sadly living in a different time zone (Alberta Canada -7hrs) I can’t really call them. I tried using the method detailed above but sadly it was not the correct passcode. 
I tried a4c138004A3F and also a4c138004a3f. Any other ideas?

IMG_3315.png

IMG_3316.png