Were is my Reset Passcode ?

3 minutes ago, LTSR_NSE said:

@ColinB - I’m not referring to people reading/copying the code over your shoulder!

I’m saying that it’s intended to prevent another user resetting & taking control of a decoder in an exhibition or club environment!

That is why I said its effectiveness is debatable - but why it isn’t displayed in the app (at the point of reset).

As I say you don't need to and there are better ways to lock it to a certain user. Either way it doesn't matter if you guys and Hornby are happy to keep resolving Reset code issues, especially in a year's time when people have lost them by updating their machine or other issues, then who am I to complain. I am just advising a better way to do things.

10 minutes ago, ColinB said:

I am just advising a better way to do things.

I fully understand what you are saying, but nobody on this forum is a Hornby decision maker.  Therefore advising us about different/better ways of doing things is not likely to have much impact on Hornby policy or design decisions! 😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, eddyh said:

iam having the same issue tried all the suggestions in this thread nothing seems to work will have to see what hornby suggest

You are not being specific enough describing the problem(s) you are having. We need to know exactly what your set-up is and what the problems are, before we can attempt to help.