LNWR Prince of Wales - a 3d printing project

81F

Hi All,

I think all the shops appear to be open and I am also able to put things into a cart but as soon as you go to "Checkout" you get the page is under maintenance. Also the two items I ordered late June are still showing as "in production" and "packing" but nothing is moving on the site although I can still download some of my print files.

I've not shut the shop down in the hope that someone will buy Shapeways and that it will resume trading, but in the meantime I have added a link to my I.materialise page, although there is not much there at the moment as it is not a simple case of transferring the files.

What is really galling about this is that I have been contacted by a magazine about a possible article about my Oil burner and am now having to wait until I.materialise have finished printing one so I can tell the magazine where one can be bought from 😞 

On a good News front, I just need to hard wire a DCC chip into my Prince of Wales and fit the hand rails (the latter is held up as I am waiting for the right sized drill to open up the holes in the boiler.

Also does anyone know a company that will custom etch LNWR nameplates. I have the number plates done but the company that made them do not do nameplates.

I use Light Railway Stores for custom etching but I’m not sure if they just do industrial name and number plates. They are very good if they can do what you want but take a long time to deliver as I think they do them in batches. I’m not sure if Fox do custom etchings for main line locos? 

• 3 weeks later...