Brand new decoder shows up as resettable

Not as simple as that Colin. All those details are available on the manage device screen once it has been linked. But when you do the initial scan to link the device it will show a button for either linking or resetting with the device name (eg HM7000_abcd).

What I am attempting to get across is that if you substitute the HM7000_ bit and replace it with a4c13800 you will get the reset code - in this example it would be a4c13800abcd

As to why Hornby send an automated email, it’s probably just a courtesy thing confirming a successful link and to provide the code to those that can’t find it in the app.

Bluetooth LE does not pair it bonds. I have tried bonding with a HM7000 decoder and it refuses. It obviously will only bond with the App.

I wonder how long this post will survive the childish moderators deletion of posts that disagree with their clique?

Mod note - your posts remain whilst they add value to the discussion. Once they denigrate to snide comment as above then in future they will be deleted in toto. If you have a problem with moderation the escalation procedure has been explained before and is shown in the rules. No more warnings.

The point is that TXS decoders should only be searched for by the app so that they may be linked. The semantics of whether they link, pair, bond or mate for life is not really relevant.

Thank you Daedalus for your support, I remember it was you that pointed me in the right direction. I thought the same but I honestly am getting fed up arguing. I am tending to now take the view that I know how fix most things and if you don't want my advice then so be it. Yesterday I was trying to delete devices that I no longer use, I imagine if you find the right combination in the menus then you can do it, but buttons that indicate delete don't seem to work. The App works well enough for what I want to do so I suppose that is it.

Colin the decoder deletion procedure has to be done one by one, but involves unassigning the decoder from a loco, before it can be deleted. Think of this as removing the decoder from the loco before reusing it elsewhere. The same happens if you want to delete a loco, you have to 'remove' its decoder first. Tiresome maybe but not often anyone would want to purge their total stock.

Thanks 96RAF for the advice, I eventually figured that out and did manage to delete one of them. The "Unlink and Delete Device" is the one that never seemed to work always coming up with an error. Unfortunately the easiest solution is delete the whole App and reload it, that way you delete everything. For people like me that only use the App to load profiles, having a screen full of obsolete devices just causes confusion, but then perhaps that is just me.

Hi Phil

When the decoder shows up as resettable,

Remove Loco from track.

Close HM7000 app.

Restart app.

Replace Loco on track.

Scan.

Then your decoder should be ready to Link, this has worked for me both times it has happened to me. :)

• 7 months later...
14 hours ago, 96RAF said:

That fix was dated February and things have moved on from there.

The problem statement, as per this thread, i.e., a new chip reporting as resettable, was exactly what I had when setting up my second chip. Force quit fixed it for me.

So, I guess as at Sept 2024, things have not really moved on...

31 minutes ago, Andacami said:

The problem statement, as per this thread, i.e., a new chip reporting as resettable, was exactly what I had when setting up my second chip. Force quit fixed it for me.

So, I guess as at Sept 2024, things have not really moved on...

Some of mine did and some didn't, I think the last one I bought was about the July timeframe and yes that came up as resettable because at the time I had lost the reset code. Did a bluetooth scan and got the magic number, entered it and all was well.  I remember thinking "if I can do that" why can't the app, but perhaps not lets go there.

• Like 1

Well, now that the decoder is linkable I did that and tried to add a Class 40 sound - the only available was TTS not TXS - it failed suggesting the downloaded file was corrupted by the device. So, knowing that I'd have to start again, I deleted cache and data and forced quit and now both my new decoders are reporting as resettable!

App uninstalled, I'll have to start again.

Absolute rubbish so far...

19 minutes ago, Andacami said:

Well, now that the decoder is linkable I did that and tried to add a Class 40 sound - the only available was TTS not TXS - it failed suggesting the downloaded file was corrupted by the device. So, knowing that I'd have to start again, I deleted cache and data and forced quit and now both my new decoders are reporting as resettable!

App uninstalled, I'll have to start again.

Absolute rubbish so far...

That's because the Class 40 sound file is not available until this time next year.

13 minutes ago, Tomasz-1303413 said:

Once the decoder is linked to the app you can install profiles as many times as necessary, no need to delete data. Doing so is what put the decoders in the resettable state again. rtfm. 

Yep understood, but if you read my post, the Class 40 profile failed and you'd need to delete the data to get rid of the corrupt file (as I can't see a way in the app to do it).

Also "rtfm" is a bit rude don't you think...?

4 minutes ago, Brew Man said:

That's because the Class 40 sound file is not available until this time next year.

I can't even believe it let you load it. I hate to say it but this system is meant for the non computer skilled person. The system should not let you do those sort of things. It is not as if you can flash a TTS module, only Hornby can do that.

• Like 1

If a profile load is corrupted for any reason you can simply overwrite it, if it persistently fails, use a different profile, 08 being the favourite as it is small and loads up quickly, then try the desired profile again. This is the recommend troubleshooting advice in the ‘famous manual’ 😁👍

• Like 1