Latest acquisition

Ratch

13 hours ago, Dominic Thomas said:

Paul,

Now you have a potential solution, I would like to see how it looks with models/bombers on it. 
perhaps you could start a new post to like all these comments together so we can all see how well this approach works. 

I can do that Dominic to keep you posted on how it goes, I'm not a fast builder so it might be a few weeks before anything is built to go in it, but i must admit its got me thinking how i could display things now and i have gone to the expense and trouble to get it.

• Like 1

Sort of kit related! 

Visited a flea market yesterday & there was a massive vinyl stall. Most stuff was new ex-hmv at very cheap prices. They also had a table of used vinyl for £1, which is where I got this (& wife got the jungle book & Mary Poppins soundtracks). 

IMG_20240504_053604.jpg

IMG_20240504_053614.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lunchtime visit to Redcar Models & Hobbies. Wanted to ask about the RNLI Shannon (apparently coming out next week) & pick up the airfix North American mustang starter kit. Been wanting one but then saw manns model moments video review of the new starter kit so that forced me to get it before they disappeared! 

Also got, from the second hand pile (nearly all still new), a tamiya luftwaffe winter crew & a fairey firefly Mk.I by octopus (have since found out it's a hard kit to do!) both for £10 each. 

Then get home & a deal pops up on vinted. Managed to get five 70s kits (mostly new or just started) for under £26!

Kits are 

Italeri night fighter 

Airfix raf recovery set 

Airfix lcm & sherman tank

Airfix mig 21

Matchbox twin otter

Matchbox sdkfzScreenshot_2024-05-18-18-53-53-686_fr.vinted.thumb.jpg.6051fbfd7c754b6eb15c04b3c8d5909b.jpg

IMG_20240518_185424.jpg

IMG_20240518_185432.jpg

IMG_20240518_185438.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-18-18-53-45-930_fr.vinted.jpg

5 hours ago, Quiddity said:

Wanted to ask about the RNLI Shannon (apparently coming out next week)

Launch day is June 19 at RNLI Poole.

You'll perhaps recall that my posts tend to focus on WW2 fighter aircraft, and related models, so my latest acquisition might be viewed as a possible momentary aberration, but in fact it was a trip down memory lane which caused the purchase - so I haven't actually gone over to "the dark side" . 

locomotive.thumb.jpg.f3480b4378939ad2e1b5e06dd86cc168.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These arrived today.

New acquisition

Modelu 3D printed figures

The Modelu figures are superb. I’ve used their products for various model railway commissions, and it’s great to see them branching out into the military side of things.

You can’t have too many Gladiators, I find. I’m going to build this one in the Norwegian scheme, as befits my 1940 obsession.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, modeling maniac said:

What are the schemes in the gladiator.

The MkI is that of Lieutenant Dag Krohn, Norwegian Army Air Service, Oslo, April 1940. The MkII is No 1401 (Met) Flight, RAF Coastal Command, Bircham Newton, July 1942. The latter is interesting as it sports the later wartime roundels and fin flash.

I was hoping that Airfix would re-issue this in the Vintage Classics range, I've been on the lookout for some time, and decided to take the plunge at a few pence over £20 🙂
53769516750_0daeb969b6_c.jpg
You watch them re-issue in 2025.
  • Like 1

Some of you might recall my preference for building WW2 fighter aircraft, particularly if there is a 'back story' - so I couldn't resist the latest 1/72 Spitfire livery, that of the aircraft flown by Sq Ldr Brian Lane, to go with the essentially autobiographical account written by the pilot about his BoB experiences, which I purchased at the same time (though not of course from the same on-line emporium...). So something to read and to build - what's not to like!

lanespitfire.jpg.f623440bb0cf86d03912565ec8df0fc8.jpg

• Like 2