Shipping from different warehouses

I have bought spares from the Jouef part of the Hornby website and not been able to add UK parts to the order  (might be down to me rather than different warehouses) but the Jouef parts have come from the UK and been delivered very quickly. 

I do think Hornby are missing an opportunity here. 

When a pre-order comes into stock, why not ask me what else I would like to add to my shipment.  Some matching rolling stock, perhaps?  A bit of kit for the layout, maybe?

Give it a 2 or 3 day window until closure.  Offer a modest discount to encourage an additional sales, it it suits Hornby's fancy.

The iron is hot.  Strike it!

Bee

@What About The Bee lovely idea - but doubtful it’d be compatible with Hornby’s current order system.

They produce an invoice at point of order placement, hence locking the price due.  If they were to make additions/modifications to the order (requiring a new invoice) - they would then need to address any potential price change(s) involved.

Alternatively any ‘grouping’ of orders within a delivery/shipment is currently outside their control - that would require either their existing outsourced logistics partner to use a different system, or a completely different logistics arrangement!

I look at it this way @LTSR_NSE

I'm already in trouble with SWMBO for the pre-order, which the Admiral did not approve.  May as well be in trouble once for everything than twice when the extra items arrive separately. Therefore, I would be one to definitely add.

I do recognize the invoicing issue as valid, but his could be resolved with a separate invoice.  That is, an invoice related to the pre-order; and an invoice related to the add-ons. 

Overseas customers, like the lads in Oz and those of us Stateside, are dinged heavily for shipping.  The plan suggested would help us and Hornby out.  

Bee

That would be a great idea Bee, especially for pre-orders from the Antipodes when you want to make up the value to 250 pounds (after tax adjustments) for free postage. I tried but Hornby refused so I sourced the pre-order from elswhere (postage free)

• Thanks 1