R7336 HM7000-8TXS - when are they coming ?

These seem to be in short supply atm, with the only etailer with stock now price gouging and asking £10 over the RRP.

Does anyone know why they are in short supply, and more importantly when the next shipment is due in ?

It does indicate how successful the system is by exceeding sales expectations.

We are told they will be resupplied in early Q3 (trying to get more detail). In the meantime, name the profiteering retailer so I can avoid them.

Mod note- now revised to mid/late Q3.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SteveM6 said:

It does indicate how successful the system is by exceeding sales expectations.

We are told they will be resupplied in early Q3 (trying to get more detail). In the meantime, name the profiteering retailer so I can avoid them.

Jadlam Racing appear to have them at £74.99. They appear to be out there if you are prepared to pay over the odds.

Edited by Bulleidboy

2 hours ago, Bulleidboy said:

Jadlam Racing appear to have them at £74.99

Sadly many of their prices I see on ebay are too high compared to other retailers so I've hardly ever bought from them. 

2 hours ago, Bulleidboy said:

Jadlam Racing appear to have them at £74.99. They appear to be out there if you are prepared to pay over the odds.

Why am I not surprised that name came up!!!!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Yep Jadlam were the one I was referring too.

I found some a month or so back at a good price, but could only afford 2 at the time, I thought I would get 2 more but they have now sold out. late Q3 is a bit away,Ill just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Edit, just found 3, one from one new to me shop, and 2 from another new to me shop, hopefully they are genuine sellers !

Edited by Too Tall

4 hours ago, ColinB said:

Well this is what is listed on the Bure Valley website "OUT OF STOCK - NEW STOCK DUE TO ARRIVE FEB 25" . Even for Hornby I find that an amazing statement.

But it's not Hornby is it, it is Bure Valley. They will be here in August (Hornby project clock).

12 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

But it's not Hornby is it, it is Bure Valley. They will be here in August (Hornby project clock).

Well generally Bure Valley are pretty good, so I wonder why they would post that. There again I have had preorder locos that have arrived way outside their expected window for delivery. I was quoted end of the year for Powerpacks off another company, so I don't know.

Posted (edited)

I have a despatch email for 2x decoders ,but the single one I ordered, a very nice (and apologetic) chap phoned me and explained their last one was broken, so refunded me.

He has been told by Hornby to expect them around December, so I guess its down to whoever at Hornby is dealing with the particular retailer ...

Edited by Too Tall

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Brew Man said:

What were their prices like?

£55 plus postage @ £4.50 for the single one I was refunded for.

The 2 were free postage and £58.49 each, but they were the last ones they had.

Edited by Too Tall

1 minute ago, Too Tall said:

I have a despatch email for 2x decoders ,but the single one I ordered, a very nice (and apologetic) chap phoned me and explained their last one was broken, so refunded me.

He has been told by Hornby to expect them around December.

I rechecked the Bure Valley site and it was only the 8 pin that had that message. Of course the 18 pin ones are still in stock as I assume they don't fit most locos with an 18 pin socket. Thank you "Too Tall" for the information.