Bluetooth connection query

I have an 2021 5th generation iPad Pro running the HM7000 DCC software. The time taken from powering up the locos to them being detected under Bluetooth is consistently around 100-105 seconds. I was wondering if this were a normal time for the locos to be recognised by the app?

Pretty sure my M1 iPad Pro doesn’t take that long. It’s not quite instant but certainly not over a minute. I’ve not used it for a while but don’t recall frustration to that level! 

The more nodes you have the quicker a decoder will subsequently reconnect if comms is lost, but initially the app polls all active locos and connects to them one by one as found according to signal strength, which improves as the mesh builds.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to ask a supplemental question - if the TXS decoder is in DCC mode (I don't use the app to control the decoders only to configure them) will the app still be able to discover them?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Bugsy1957 said:

Just to ask a supplemental question - if the TXS decoder is in DCC mode (I don't use the app to control the decoders only to configure them) will the app still be able to discover them?

Thanks

Yes - the decoder is in bluetooth mode out of the box but can still be discovered by the app, which puts it into bluetooth mode until a user switches it from app to controller.

2 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

Yes - the decoder is in bluetooth mode out of the box but can still be discovered by the app, which puts it into bluetooth mode until a user switches it from app to controller.

Thank you for replying so quickly - but if I have switched the decoder into DCC for normal running can the app still discover it then ? If not thar begs the question how can I switch it back ? Ta

Just now, Bugsy1957 said:

Thank you for replying so quickly - but if I have switched the decoder into DCC for normal running can the app still discover it then ? If not thar begs the question how can I switch it back ? Ta

As I already said even tho' the decoder is in DCC mode the app can still see it. In the app if you pull up the control page for that loco it will say - in DCC mode. You can then switch it back to bluetooth if required. The alternative is to set CV12 by app or from your controller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 96RAF said:

As I already said even tho' the decoder is in DCC mode the app can still see it. In the app if you pull up the control page for that loco it will say - in DCC mode. You can then switch it back to bluetooth if required. The alternative is to set CV12 by app or from your controller.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, 96RAF said:

@Bugsy1957 Just to be clear, I think 96RAF meant the decoder is in DCC mode out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...

My 5th generation iPad (not pro) takes about the same time. The reconnection after interruption is also slow and there are “two levels” of blue to the decoder status indicator. As well as red it can be dark or light blue. I tried loading one loco on my iPhone XS. The connection time was quicker but my Bluetooth signal quality didn’t improve which was my main reason to try this.