Poll for Revolution Trains speculation

GMD

What Loco Should Revolution Trains make for TT120? (Speculative poll!)  

51 members have voted

1. 1. It seems Revolution Trains may consider tooling up a TT120 loco from their existing catalogue in other scales. Choice are from their catalogue only. Which do you prefer?

• Class 92
    • Class 93
    • Class 59
    • Class 18
    • 56xx (Sonic Models)
    • 390 Pendolino
    • Class 180 Diesel-Hydraulic MU
    • 313/314 EMU
    • Class 120 DMU
    • Class 320/321 EMU
    • Class 128 DMU

7 minutes ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

They were only half hearted in doing a loco, if that. It probably was mainly to have a dig at Hornby. If their model was as far on as suggested and with their release date it would have been out a few months now as they mentioned Winter 23/24. Hornby never had photos or mentioned any dates for theirs, just a phase time.

Plus the comment they made about Hornby was not really applicable to a major company.

I agree, if they had of been as far down the road with the product, they would not have pulled it.  I made the exact same comment on @Peachy  YouTube channel some time ago.

• Like 2

@Silver Fox 17 That’s a good point although technically everyone is paying for DCC features of some sort in all models now. Socket, blanking plate, speaker, lighting functions you can’t access from DC…. 

On the Heljan 31, it never was. It was a fishing expedition to get reaction. They used a pre existing CAD image with TT coupling on. 

Edited by Rallymatt
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

I don't know if i would like all the running trains making noise while they are running.  This might be okay but I have yet to experience this sensation.

🙂

One running around on the Table Top is fine, two, ok for a bit. 3 becomes annoying.

Using all the drain cock noises doors slamming starting one up etc, play factor/ storytelling is great.

The initial circuit chuffing around, after that, dial the sounds down keeping the occasional whistle here and there. Then do the same with the next one, seems to be my preference.

(Can you trigger sounds like a whistle remotely via a sensor? wonders this newby)

All sounds all the time like any environment isn't great.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

I have only three locomotives and they are all sound fitted and I have only been running in the locomotives and they are now stored until I can get back to building the layout.

However, I agree that it would be a poor thing to only have sound fitted models. Although I like the sound option.  I don't know if i would like all the running trains making noise while they are running.  This might be okay but I have yet to experience this sensation.

Also, while all the sounds of drain cocks, primers, coal shovelling, tyre squeal, etc are nice, I can't see myself using them (but one never knows)  At least they are there for anyone that does like the idea of using them.   I do know that at the moment  it annnoys my wife when she has to listen to me going through all the sound features, over and over again!!! 🙂 

Don't forget you can preset sounds for stationary and moving locos using the automated setting. Plus you can adjust volumes for each of those sounds.  Personally I have my global volume set around 10 with whistles slightly higher. 

• Like 2

On 14/07/2024 at 12:05, StuLarge said:

Can you trigger sounds like a whistle remotely via a sensor? wonders this newby

Only if your trains are under software control. Neither the app nor the decoder has any way of knowing it has passed a sensor.

Suitable software could upon a sensor being triggered tell the decoder to operation a function like blow a whistle, slow down, etc. TGG for instance uses sensors to trigger events. RM will be able to have sensor triggered events once their loco detection hardware is launched (10 years in waiting). i-Train, Train Controller and Rocrail also use various loco detection methods to trigger events.

Note that F28 - auto function control - can be customised to play randomly or in sequence any or all sounds in addition to the mandatory start and stop sounds. These auto sounds will play to suit static or moving conditions as stated by Charlie.

• Thanks 2

AFAIK the Revolution Trains class 120 DMU planned in N gauge isn't intended to be available "sound-fitted" from the factory as there isn't a prototype to record.

Where Revolution Trains do offer sound fitted versions they have ESU sound chips installed. I suspect any TT120 models would be the same.

15 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Where Revolution Trains do offer sound fitted versions they have ESU sound chips installed. I suspect any TT120 models would be the same.

I guess that’s probable, just as long as they still make whatever loco they choose compatible with a least one of the HM7000 decoders (most likely a 21pin) otherwise their sales will be extremely limited imo 

Ensuring a HM 7000 BT decoder could be accommodated (space and plug) would be a very very sensible approach if this model was to be produced. BT control really seems to have contributed quite heavily to success of TT:120 for Hornby. It wouldn’t compromise other control systems though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rallymatt said:

Ensuring a HM 7000 BT decoder could be accommodated (space and plug) would be a very very sensible approach if this model was to be produced. BT control really seems to have contributed quite heavily to success of TT:120 for Hornby. It wouldn’t compromise other control systems though. 

Definitely agree. One of the contributing factors to my deciding this was the hobby for me, was the advent of BT control via the HM7000. I’m sure many wouldn’t entertain the idea, but for me it makes everything so simple and straightforward, like me! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@GMD     The poll is going well 60 % for the 120 dmu looks good but it's 30 votes out of 50 that's maybe 30 sales .

there has got to be more TT120  members on this forum , What would revolution trains consider a  good order amount  of pre orders? +deposits to make it worth their time and money  200 orders  300 or 400 .

l know there are a lot of TT120 modellers out there so they will order

a lot more . thanks for your😊 hard work for TT120  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, happy tt said:

The poll is going well 60 % for the 120 dmu looks good but it's 30 votes out of 50 that's maybe 30 sales

With all polls, political or models, you never get a proper reflection of people voting. The 3mm society had one regarding Rapido doing a coach and received 17 votes from 500 members. I don't often vote in these polls for various reasons like there may not be anything I would like or it is all speculation to start with. 

Rapido turned around and said a big no as not enough interest. I did mention there were many 3mm modellers not in the society but they seemed to think that one place was the only place.

As you say there will be many, many, 120 modellers who are not on here (or even on FB) who know nothing about it.

I am on 3 FB sites and don't think anything has been mentioned about it, they know of the new wagon but not this.

• Like 1

i will not buy one i am not a dmu fan,  i do like the class 18 very modern .

if we want more companies  on board we must  engage  with them if they think there is no market for TT120 they will not bother to even ask us about the things we want .

if i had a second vote i would have vote for 120 dmu 

So to help the people to  get the dmu ordered if it sells well , Name  a company is the next poll  to run +an  item from their past orders and new cad art design which company would you  pick  my choice is  dapol😊

I would love a class 86 in TT120 

Edited by happy tt
a class l would like to order
  • Like 2

On 17/07/2024 at 08:10, happy tt said:

lot more . thanks for your😊 hard work for TT120  😊

That’s very kind of you! I must say though that I don’t quite feel that it’s hard work as such! It’s both a great hobby, with a super friendly bunch around, like yourself! And a really well conceived scale. What little I do, is genuinely out of enjoyment for the hobby. Whatever the scale, to me that’s more than enough motivation. Thanks!

• Like 5