Matching correct Loco with carriages?

Are you seeking either:

‘R1101 The Blue Highlander’ or ‘R1220 Highland Rambler’ ?

Or

Are you asking about the SR D/E MU ?

Edited by LTSR_NSE

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LTSR_NSE said:

Are you seeking either:

‘R1101 The Blue Highlander’ or ‘R1220 Highland Rambler’ ?

Or

Are you asking about the SR D/E MU ?

I have ‘R1101 The Blue Highlander’ and the ‘R1220 Highland Rambler’

Wondering about the 3 green ones all have yellow stripe at one end. One powered.

I've found another green unit, no cab at either end.

Edited by Francis-Dublin
Update

The coaches with the yellow warning panel below the cab windows are driving coaches, 3250 for the 3-rail powered one, 4150 for the others (or perhaps together in a set with track - I can't recall whether one was ever issued as these models appeared at the very end of Hornby-Dublo under Meccano Ltd.) 

If one coach does not have a driving cab, it is likely to be composite coach S46291, catalogue no. 4081, to make a 3-car unit.  

• Thanks 1

The vehicles were normally made in to 2-car sets comprising one powered and one non-powered coach, both with driving cabs at the outer ends, yellow panel below the windows. 

If a 3-car unit was desired, the non-powered 4081 composite coach was inserted between the driving cars (this is the same as the bottom coach in the Hornby-Dublo set with the green 0-6-0 tank loco you have already married-up earlier in the thread).

Checked my ebay purchases. I bought one set of the green coaches, only two in pack. 3 rail. That accounts for two of the 4 coaches. neither of the remaining two have motors leading me believe there is a motor one to be found

Hornby R2369 Golden Arrow Train Pack with BR 46 Squadron & 3 Pullman Cars.

I have the loco for this so the pullman coaches are matched wrongly.

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

I suppose I should ask: which record? That is a post-nationalisation early BR configuration. Era 4. Era 3 would have had side valences on the A4, LNER lettering on the tender and teak coaches. I will leave it to the experts for the BR locomotive paint colour but blue is correct for era 3.

Edited by dBerriff

The coaches in that set are Ex LNER in Crimson & Cream livery.

In your pictures the LNER Garter Blue A4 would be paired with either the LNER Teak coaches you’ve paired with Flying Scotsman or the Pullman Coaches.

• Thanks 1

Next step is to tidy the baseboards which I have been as a table. Also to but boxes in attic. I have more trains than sidings noe. DC  but I've put multiple trains on some sidings for the time being. I have boxes to store trains in and I'll display the locos so ill know what I have. 

• 2 weeks later...