Unable to Reach New Modellers Shop Website

ColinB

Posted (edited)

I used old tech and phoned them up, it appears they changed their website to make it more secure and that is what is causing the issues. Fortunately the guy at New Modellers had had the same issue. If I use the phone with wireless off it works.

Edited by ColinB

28 minutes ago, Brew Man said:

Sounds like it could be your router's firewall, or their router's firewall.

The guy said it was probably theirs, he couldn't get in when they first implemented it.

24 minutes ago, What About The Bee said:

Please make the title more appropriate:

"Why can't I reach the New Modeler's Shop website, when everyone else can?"

Because it is the way your server connects to it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. If you want to get to it, in my case it was switch off the wireless on my phone and get it to use the phone data to find it. Thank you though for proving it wasn't only me, I thought I was going mad. It seems to depend how the server logs into their site.

• 96RAF changed the title to Unable to Reach New Modellers Shop Website

Hi Colin

The issue sounds like a cache problem.  

2 hours ago, ColinB said:

... in my case it was switch off the wireless on my phone and get it to use the phone data to find it...

So this eliminates the phone, and implicates upstream devices.  The phone can display the webpage.  It just depends upon which channel the phone gets that page.

Try power cycling all the upstream devices to clear any cache they may have.  Routers, modems, etc.

Bee

11 hours ago, What About The Bee said:

Hi Colin

The issue sounds like a cache problem.  

So this eliminates the phone, and implicates upstream devices.  The phone can display the webpage.  It just depends upon which channel the phone gets that page.

Try power cycling all the upstream devices to clear any cache they may have.  Routers, modems, etc.

Bee

I tried it on 3 different devices and as I said the guy on New Modellers said that he had noticed it as well. He said they had increased the security on the Firewall, which probably explains it. 

7 hours ago, ColinB said:

I tried it on 3 different devices and as I said the guy on New Modellers said that he had noticed it as well. He said they had increased the security on the Firewall, which probably explains it. 

I use Mozilla Firefox on all my devices and update them regularly as well, could it be, you are using older version browser which ever one you are using. Only issue I have when using Mozilla that I cannot open pages for Ringo website which manages our Local council parking permits, for that I have to use either Safari or Edge or Chrome. Everything else works fine on Mozilla.

6 minutes ago, Deem said:

I use Mozilla Firefox on all my devices and update them regularly as well, could it be, you are using older version browser which ever one you are using. Only issue I have when using Mozilla that I cannot open pages for Ringo website which manages our Local council parking permits, for that I have to use either Safari or Edge or Chrome. Everything else works fine on Mozilla.

I hate to say this but it is an issue with my BT server. I think I have mentioned it twice that New Modellers suspect it is an issue with their end. If I switch off the wireless on my phone and connect to the website using the phone data it works perfectly, switch the Wi Fi back on and it doesn't.

4 hours ago, ColinB said:

I hate to say this but it is an issue with my BT server. I think I have mentioned it twice that New Modellers suspect it is an issue with their end. If I switch off the wireless on my phone and connect to the website using the phone data it works perfectly, switch the Wi Fi back on and it doesn't.

I am using a BT (EE) router and not having the problems you see.

1 hour ago, 96RAF said:

I am using a BT (EE) router and not having the problems you see.

Well then you are lucky, as I say I have tried it on my laptop, phone, desktop and pad. They all run different operating systems and different flavours of Chrome. It works on my phone if I disable the wireless and use the data facility on the phone, so it is not Chrome. As I said I phoned up New Modellers and they explained what the issue was, end of story. If I am really desperate I can use my phone but at the moment I am using other sources for my spare parts.

So today I mailed New Modellers with a screen shot of my web error and the Windows diagnostic highlighting that as far as Windows is concerned my system is not at fault. I have just tried it and it now works.