Airfix 1/72 Curtis Hawk 81-A-1

A J Rimmer

I've been working on this cracking little kit for the past month or so - and great fun it was too. If you've not had a chance to build one, get one. Thankfully I have the USAAF P-40 and the RAF Tomahawk boxings too. 🙂 However I love the Flying Tigers markings on this build, which I think, is my first attempt at a shark-mouth. 

Brush painted with a mix of Humbrol and Citadel acrylics. not 100% accurate, but close enough given what I had in my paint stash. Clears were Mr. Hobby Super Clear sprays. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers all, and thanks for looking in. 

Edited by A J Rimmer
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dogsbody said:

No yellow on the prop tips?

Chris

I didn’t put yellow tips on any of my early flying tigers. I don’t even think I researched it . Many of my tigers have aftermarket decal sets and I blindly followed the instructions on both the Airfix instructions and the decal set instructions. Great question !

Randall

IMG_0852.jpeg

Edited by SD45elect2000
  • Like 3

On 30/08/2024 at 01:18, dogsbody said:

No yellow on the prop tips?

Chris

I forgot to be honest, but the flying Tigers Curtis Hawk's did seem to have them - I'll remember that for my next build. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sailorman said:

A. J  The picture you posted shows yellow tips on the prop blades.

🙃 Yes I know lol - that's why I posted it. Granted my writing was a tad confusing, but yes they should have yellow tips - I just forgot to add them.