TOUAX Container Wagons Available

Tim Allen

That's great. I tried to order two more of each using the 70YEARS15 code but it wouldn't let me. The message was

The best discount available has already been applied to your basket. Save your code for another time!

The only discounts were the bonus points. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Baz657 said:

That's great. I tried to order two more of each using the 70YEARS15 code but it wouldn't let me. The message was

The only discounts were the bonus points. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Got same error when I tried. It’s an error on these wagons. It applied to an easterner set ok.

Edited by Tim Allen

As a result of this thread I found myself logged in, and with a set of these in my basket. Unfortunately common sense prevailed and I remembered that I cannot really afford them at the moment. So I closed the site.  No doubt Hornby will remind me later that we have unfinished business and I will have to be sensible all over again!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ukpetey said:

As a result of this thread I found myself logged in, and with a set of these in my basket. Unfortunately common sense prevailed and I remembered that I cannot really afford them at the moment. So I closed the site.  No doubt Hornby will remind me later that we have unfinished business and I will have to be sensible all over again!

Unfortunately, I had already pre-ordered them from an online store over a year ago, when they were still under the Arnold brand. Now I have to be patient, as the pre-order is much cheaper than the current price.

22 hours ago, ukpetey said:

I agree on the need for common sense.  I have Revolution trains wagons on pre-order.  If i need to order any more modern era rollongstock, it should really be a few more of the these to go with the class 66.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stephen-1260829 said:

I agree on the need for common sense.  I have Revolution trains wagons on pre-order.  If i need to order any more modern era rollongstock, it should really be a few more of the these to go with the class 66.

I hope Hornby has produced enough of them; they are also eagerly awaited in continental Europe 🤣.

The first ones sold out too quickly, I only got one DHL wagon.

Edited by Ilmson
  • Like 1

Also tried to order a couple more of these last night with 15% discount but got same error message as Baz.  Slightly disappointing as technically the website is classing them as in stock so discount should work.  May try again today.

• Like 1

The 70YEARS15 offer was announced before the container wagons appeared in stock so maybe this has something to do with the code not working with these wagons. 

Would have been tempted had the offer worked as could also utilise hobby points earnt but as it is will be patient as other future items in the pipeline of interest and there appears to be a regular flow of Hornby offers.

Edited by My name is Bond

22 hours ago, Pete82 said:

Also tried to order a couple more of these last night with 15% discount but got same error message as Baz

Looking at the metadata Display is 'In Stock' which allows you to order but Available is 'Preorder' which is not 'In Stock' so the discount won't be applied :classic_blink:. I think.

5 hours ago, My name is Bond said:

The 70YEARS15 offer was announced before the container wagons appeared in stock so maybe this has something to do with the code not working with these wagons. 

Would have been tempted had the offer worked as could also utilise hobby points earnt but as it is will be patient as other future items in the pipeline of interest and there appears to be a regular flow of Hornby offers.

Spoke to to lovely people at Hornby Sales and this has now been corrected so code now applies discount as it should - all 3 ordered 😉

• Thanks 1