what happens at the end of evaluation period

Your computer will self destruct. Not really, the programme will just stop working.

Can't get round it that way Fishy. There will be a hidden registry entry with the date marked. Don't try messing with the registry either. You really can cause your

PC to self destruct if you do.

That might just be the solution Greg. After three months of using the program for free if somebody still wants to use it then ... dare I say ... parting with £50 might just be the answer.

When you think about it, for the price of a decent coach

you get all that functionality. For me, it's a no-brainer.

Perhaps you should ask Hornby if they can do slave RailMaster versions cheaper, as you wouldn't be able to do programming, for example, on a slave copy?

How much would you pay for a secondary (slave) copy?

I'd happily pay the £50 twice (fr

two copies) as that would still be only a third of the proce of, say, Railroad&Co Silver version (€350). On tip of that RR&Co charge a packet (I think around £100) extra just for their networking function.

Hi LMSTim (again)

you realy must stop this kind of advice

with your insider info/contact, and as you seem to have access to this system before it comes to market, i wonder if you acualy paid anything for your copies, same as most of my Trainz

Software is donated free to me because i participate in the proving trials before it comes to market,

as for paying for a 2nd copie , it would not be to difficult to insert the code into the original to let you run a second copy from the first, as it

needs to be networked it could check on the network that it was a slave to the first to run and if it cant find the original just wont work, would do wonders for hornbys street cred

just think on a bit

buy a train set ( comes with a select) makes

a good start

select is not so good so buy an Elite ( use the select as a walkabout ) thats good

Buy Railmaster ( good value , works well ) no need to manipulate the Elite ( Good ???)

Buy 2nd Railmaster to get network system ( good for operating interest,

but good value ??)

wait and wait for detection system to make previous purchaces gel togeather ( wait :=( )

smart phone/tablet app for remote control ( very good ) throw away select

out comes e-Link ( very good ) throw away Elite now have 3 copies

of Railmaster

but what about the network, is this still there or not ??????

still waiting for detection system,, to gel all togeather

see were we are going here, leaps and bounds but no further towards a system thats complete

sorry if you think

i am dissapointed here ( but i think that they could have got markI working before bringing in MarkII, )

I will most likly buy the e-link system, but if then if the detection doent come out soon

or even some information as to how it will be implimented

and connected to the layout i will probably think about scrapping it all and going to another system that does deliver even if it does cots 3 or 4 times the cash,, for me the money is not a problem, i just need a system that works,

rgds

Mike

Think Mike's been on the sherry again, but he does makes some surprisingly lucid points LMSTim - ( are you a spy for Hornby?) if so when are we going to get a detection system and I think a free no time limit evaluation version can't do Hornby

any harm. Its only useful to real evaluators ( who would, I am sure purchase the full version) and simple folk ( perhaps a bit cheap) like myself who just want a isolated section on a slave PC! And in any case, you should get a prize for setting the Master/Slave

business up. Most of its trial and error and down as little is really documented.

Hi Gregd99

i have no problem with LMSTim being privy to insider information

good luck to him, maybe he even works for them, ( lives next door )

its the way he jumps in with daggers drawn if anyone as much as looks sideways at a hornby

product or policy

i agree with him about the product being good value in princible, but there does not seem to be any game plan, lets have a working system with all parts up and running, before moving on to a MarkII system

as for the sherry :=(

give me a gin & tonic any day

maybe at 69 i am just loseing patience i wouls like to see my layout working before i kick the bucket :=)

Mike

Just for the record - I wasn't having a 'dig' at LMSTim - his advice on here is invaluable and no one from Hornby ever bothers to clarify things nowadays so I don't care if he does live in Margate.

What we want is a fully functional Railmaster ( which

is already great value!!!) before Mike leaves this mortal coil so that we can all rest in peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestion:

1. Fully functional version of RM with a time limit.

2. Limited function version of RM without a time limit.

Other rail software people do it so why doesn't Hornby try it.

I'm sure the punters will appreciate the choice.

Detection

kit - seeing as Hornby are dragging their heels getting it to market has anyone tried a 3rd Party detection system with RM and if so how/where did you list it on screen/file so RM recognised it.

Rob

A very good question Steve!

My evaluation copy on the PC which isn't connected to anything only has 18 days left!

I really don't want to buy another full copy.

After all I will no doubt buy one or two copies of the tablet app which again

is another £20, then if you want another RailMaster license that's £50

This all starts to mount up.

I see LMSTIM is sales generating again :-)

TIM if you don't mind paying £50 for each copy please buy me another!

Please stop with comparing

RM to RR&CO we all know that RR&CO is expensive but the difference is chalk and cheese, RR&CO is more powerful and can do lots more.

I didn't say RR&CO was easier either!!! :-)

What we need is to ask Hornby if they can do a reduced price on a second

license

Cheers

Ian

stevecamden said:

Does anyone know what happens at the end of the evaluation period for Railmaster? Has anyone got there? My veal copy ( connected to Master PC) says it has 67days to

go.

8 days left on the evaluation copy!

Looks like I'm going to have to run up and down the stairs testing things out now as I'm not paying for another full licence!

I'm going to be paying for a couple of copies of the handheld app which is more

important!.

I wonder if Hornby have looked into a reduced price for a second licence?

I've had a reply but it's not as simple as that and they are looking into it.

Cheers

Ian

[Hi my one ran out and was presented with a box with 3 options in it 1 upgrade to full version 2 enter activation key or 3 exit. so I click on upgrade to full version and was amazed that they where offering it at only £19.99 so filled in all necessary

details and pressed next up come another box saying that I would get an email with the key.

but all I got was an email from Railmaster saying don't know how I done it but it was null & void I need to pay £9.99 for mobile app or £64.99 for full version.

what a con

JB46

It sounds like left hand and right hand at Hornby and/or RM are not talking.

RM whilst being a Hornby product is as far as I know provided by an outside software agency and thereby may hang the problem i.e. who is providing the upgrade key -

the software provider direct or Hornby as the middle man and who is setting the price.

I would e-mail HCC and/or RM support, tell them the story and see what happens. Then please report back here with the outcome as I am sure others will soon be in the

same boat and may even end up with different solutions.

Note to Hornby:

It would help in general, not just this thread, if HCC monitored the forum (as I am sure they do) and provided prompt and clear advice when there is obviously 'trouble-at-mill'.

This would give formal guidance and in my opinion would preclude most if not all of the speculation that appears in discussion when people are having problems.

Rob

I have only 6 days before I find out their latest strategy. But in a way I'm lucky as I have options due to the fact I am running the eval on my main laptop and intending to use another on the layout, so I can start again clean on another eval copy on

the laptop I'll be using. Then I can continue to monitor the offer on the runout one.

But certainly interested to hear what others find out, including from HCC most importantly.

Well only 2 days left on my Evaluation copy so will soon see what happens

Also I have noticed in the latest RailMaster guide that was installed with V1.47 the reference to the "Select-Interface cable" has now been removed.

Another bit of vapourware

no longer to see the light of day?

Hey HO.

DaveAus why don't you email the support team. They normally respond very quickly.

suppport@rail-master.com

wiggy - when it ends the program exits or you can buy another copy and enter the key.

I think they are working on a licensing system

for more than one PC but it's complicated.

Archived