Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

A bus !! Corgi 1:76 Crossley Lancaster City Transport with the route to Scotforth - where I was brought up and attended Scotforth primary school.

So - just a reminder of the past really.

Ordered on-line Monday a.m. - delivered Tuesday so

no issues there.

Looks a good model but also seems expensive at £34.99. It will fit nicely on the layout alongside 3 Ribble buses I got many years ago.

Otherwise - just 4 metres of track, a point motor and 2 buffer stops from my local shop

- for a pair of carriage sidings I want to add - I alreay have the spare points.

;last loco was July 2013 - a rival Midland Compund in Lined BR black. They finished in 1962 I think so a bit early for my late steam/early diesel layout - but a bit of

modellers licence applied as its a good looking engine and I did not have a 4-4-0.

Unemployed at the moment so I have a selfd imposed total ban on buying locos.

My recent purchases are:

1x Hornby SkaleScenics set of 3 deciduous trees

1x Hornby SkaleScenics set of 3 sycamore trees

1x Hornby express points

Ordered yesterday, arrived today. The trees are excellent, I have seen other makes and

these are first class, they really look the part.

I got 10% off my Hornby order as a member and free delivery. I also received a free gift, a Free Diamond Jubilee, Beefeater key ring (Corgi)and a £5 voucher to use on my next order any time in 2014.

I

also got some die cast models from Dart castings, these have been painted with Humbrol, matt, enamel paint and will be added to my layout very soon.

I have just tested my new Class 4MT late BR green lined B*mann 75001 with DCC sound, working front lamp and firebox flicker. Just need to get it on RM now and then hopefully test it as a double-header with my double chimney BR1B tender version of that

class, also with the same functions. Should look and sound good.

Me again - acquired at the York Toy Fair today, the new Hornby LMS CCT in BR red, a Triang SR EMU (only two cars this time) but with the dummy pick up bogie on the non-motored car so a late edition , and an unmade DJH SR D1/E1 4-4-0 whitemetal kit.

Oh

and an unmade Kitmaster 'Stephenson Rocket' out of its box (in a sealed plastic packet) but with original instruction leaflet.

LC&DR said:

Me again - acquired at the York Toy Fair today, the new Hornby LMS CCT in BR red, a Triang SR EMU (only two cars this time) but with the dummy pick up bogie on the non-motored car so a late edition , and an unmade DJH SR D1/E1

4-4-0 whitemetal kit.

Oh and an unmade Kitmaster 'Stephenson Rocket' out of its box (in a sealed plastic packet) but with original instruction leaflet.

Hi LC&DR

Carry on like this and you will have to extend your home. A good excuse

to extend the layout. I wish.

PJ