Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

My next addition to this thread was going to be a Great Goodbye Sir Nigel Gresley, but from the email I just got from Hattons that won't be happening as Hornby are short changing them on their order so my pre-order is cancelled. Thanks Hornby!

In a fit of madness I've just got the NCB sentinel. Heaven knows why it is totally out of period for my railway! However,t I do have some other industrials so I am tempted to build a small portable colliery layout when my main layoutis almost finished

- The coal mine buildings on my main layout are on a separate lift off section so I'm probably half way there!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest acquisitions are:

Hornby Skale Autos Virgin red Taxi for outside my Station Hotel

B*Mann Locomotive staff, 1950's train crew, Station passengers standing, Station passengers sitting and Station staff (amongst the others I needed some good

train drivers, flexible hours to suit my time on the layout and good rate of pay if they move)

P*co truss girder bridge sides

JTT rose vines and flowers for Station Hotel

Woodland Classics 9 trees to vary my Hornby ones

ScaleScenics card kit Arched

bridge

2 locos with sound, smoke, glowing firebox, directional lamps, coal in tender, and crew. R 2555 Class 5MT 45156 "Ayrshire Yeomanry" and R 2310 Merchant Navy Class 35016 "Elders Fyffes." Just got to test and set them up on RM. Outcome - a weathered version

of the first loco with sound to bring a bit of recompense in.

Got to get up early tomorrow, WTD. Booked to go on "The Cumbrian Coast Express" with wife, sister and her bloke/my brother-in-law at a table for 4, standard class, of course. £85 each sounds very good. Up to Carnforth where 46115 "Scots Guardsman" takes

us round the Cumbrian coast. Makes a change from "Cumbrian Mountain Express" which I have been on several times. I have not managed to see the said preserved steam loco in action, so really looking forward to it. Might have an early supper tonight!

Graskie said:

Got to get up early tomorrow, WTD. Booked to go on "The Cumbrian Coast Express" with wife, sister and her bloke/my brother-in-law at a table for 4, standard class, of course. £85 each sounds very good. Up to Carnforth where

46115 "Scots Guardsman" takes us round the Cumbrian coast. Makes a change from "Cumbrian Mountain Express" which I have been on several times. I have not managed to see the said preserved steam loco in action, so really looking forward to it. Might have an

early supper tonight!

Hi Graskie

Sounds brilliant, I didn't know about this. I only live in Morecambe, I have just told the wife we are going to Arnside around lunch time tomorrow to watch it.

It will be a fantastic journey., beautiful

coastline (except Sellafield of course)
You lucky fella

Graskie said:

2 locos with sound, smoke, glowing firebox, directional lamps, coal in tender, and crew. R 2555 Class 5MT 45156 "Ayrshire Yeomanry" and R 2310 Merchant Navy Class 35016 "Elders Fyffes." Just got to test and set them up on RM.

Outcome - a weathered version of the first loco with sound to bring a bit of recompense in.

Excellent Graskie.

How many do you have now with sound?

Graskie said:

I should keep it quiet really, PJ, but 46 at the last count. How many amps would I need to work all of them at the same time? Greed...........sheer greed!

I guess if I had 46 locos with sound my wife would AMP-utate

my credit card.
Maybe with 46 sound locos running at the same time it would stop me hearing her say, are you in there with your trains again.

Graskie said:

Got to get up early tomorrow, WTD. Booked to go on "The Cumbrian Coast Express" with wife, sister and her bloke/my brother-in-law at a table for 4, standard class, of course. £85 each sounds very good. Up to Carnforth where

46115 "Scots Guardsman" takes us round the Cumbrian coast. Makes a change from "Cumbrian Mountain Express" which I have been on several times. I have not managed to see the said preserved steam loco in action, so really looking forward to it. Might have an

early supper tonight!

Hi Graskie, how did it go?

I checked details online, coming north to Carnforth, leaving Preston 10.31. We went up to Arnside where it would cross the end of Morecambe Bay. Got there 10.30 we left 13.30 nothing? I

think it sais should be in Carlisle 12.30 something hasn't worked out to plan it seems.

Lot of other guys at Arnside with their cameras also. I spoke with two of them, they said these trains can often be late, may even have gone over Shap?

I

hope it worked out for all of you.

PJ

Yes, sorry you missed out, PJ. I wasn't quite sure exactly what was happening when I received the final timing for the trip. I thought, because they were talking about reaching Carlisle earlier than advertised, that they might be going the other way round

but, because of the uncertainty, I didn't post my suspicions on this forum at such a late hour on Friday night. We did have a fantastic run, thanks, but it did go straight up to Carlisle first and then the other way round, by which time the weather was beautifully

sunny and bright. We didn't reach Arnside until about 5pm. I was hoping you might have picked up a bit of local intelligence on it. So the guy I waved to wasn't you? Got some great pics. The loco performed magnificently, 27mph at the top of Shap and (please

don't quote me) a top speed of 85mph elsewhere (shush!).

Graskie said:

Yes, sorry you missed out, PJ. I wasn't quite sure exactly what was happening when I received the final timing for the trip. I thought, because they were talking about reaching Carlisle earlier than advertised, that they might

be going the other way round but, because of the uncertainty, I didn't post my suspicions on this forum at such a late hour on Friday night. We did have a fantastic run, thanks, but it did go straight up to Carlisle first and then the other way round, by which

time the weather was beautifully sunny and bright. We didn't reach Arnside until about 5pm. I was hoping you might have picked up a bit of local intelligence on it. So the guy I waved to wasn't you? Got some great pics. The loco performed magnificently, 27mph

at the top of Shap and (please don't quote me) a top speed of 85mph elsewhere (shush!).

Hi Graskie

I am so pleased you enjoyed it (you paid for it) ;-)

I am a little disappointed I missed it (I didn't pay for it)

It was

a cold miserable morning but as you say the day did brighten up as it went along. There was many in the same situation as us, waiting with cameras, the guy who said he thought it may have gone up Shap was right, he said it has happened before. I was concerned

you had paid all that money as a group and may not see the coastal run, I am chuffed it all worked out for you and the weather improved as the day went along.

I can tell now speaking with you that you didn't put your head out of the carriages in the

Carlisle to north west coast part of the journey.