Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Thanks RAF. What a great aircraft. Not exactly a great view from the cockpit was it?

Did you have a license for those knees?

When the picture was taken those knees were half the age I am now and being overseas you didn't need a licence for them - bare knees was mandatory.

Talking about delivery times - I ordered some nibs for some technical drawing pens, which are made in Germany. I have used these for many years but they wear out and need to be replaced, so I would expect that they would be an 'off the peg' item. With the expansion of CAD demand has dropped and our local stationers no longer stock them and they have to be purchased mail order. I placed the order nearly a year ago, paid by cheque, and in fairness to the supplier he has kept me informed regularly, mainly just to apologise and assure me he was chasing it up. Half my order arrived yesterday!

Hornby you are saints!

The tiny windows in the Vulcan, Valiant, and Victor was intentional, it was to hopefully reduce or prevent flash-blindness, when the nuke that had just been dropped 'cooked off'. Luckily it never happened.

If I recall correctly, the only time a Vulcan was used in anger was to bomb our own territory, on a small island which was being held by another country who thought the island was theirs.

No nukes, of course, just plain old iron bombs.

The tiny windows in the Vulcan, Valiant, and Victor was intentional, it was to hopefully reduce or prevent flash-blindness, when the nuke that had just been dropped 'cooked off'. Luckily it never happened.

If I recall correctly, the only time a Vulcan was used in anger was to bomb our own territory, on a small island which was being held by another country who thought the island was theirs.

No nukes, of course, just plain old iron bombs.

And most of them missed the target

Have you read Rowland White's book 'Vulcan 607' about how the crews had to jump through hoops and borrow bits to make the flights happen? If not, and you have the slightest interest, you should do.

Now we're so totally derailed from the track with this thread, I'm surprised the Moderators haven't pounced!

Have you read Rowland White's book 'Vulcan 607' about how the crews had to jump through hoops and borrow bits to make the flights happen? If not, and you have the slightest interest, you should do.

Now we're so totally derailed from the track with this thread, I'm surprised the Moderators haven't pounced!

Yes - read it and knew quite a few of the 'names'.

All that effort to say nothing of the risks for 1 iron bomb to make a small hole in the runway.

Talk about naps, I set a new record today by getting up at 5.30pm! It was actually dark outside and I was really puzzled when I woke up in the end. I had been to a pretty strenuous and very enjoyable wedding yesterday. At least you all had a break from me then, but I'm very lively now.