Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I actually bought from Hornby direct for the first time. Brilliant service and products consisting of R4566 BR (ex LNER) 61' 6" Corridor Composite Brake Coach for £29.99 (38.78% discount), together with R4570 BR (ex LNER) 61' 6" Corridor 1st Class Sleeper for £23.99 (51.03% discount), plus free postage. Fantastic deal!

A Norstand, Texaco and BR brake wagon to go with my Hornby London Transport Pannier,

A wreck of a Jouef 231c pacific for £10. with the remains of the two others i have I should be able to get one working.

Two Ruston Bucyrus Excavators and crane for the quarry. Even though I've still a lot of scenic work to do they just seem to add life.

Hi all from Australia, I have been modelling since 1975, various themes. I have seen the light, so to say, and just purchased the following

The Majestic digital elink,

The Mixed Freight digital

The Flying Scotsman (for the wife, as we were passangers behind it in 1988)

and the Hornby Trains on film, Titfield Thunderbolt, (for curiosty)

along with a few odds and ends for my new layout

Today at Gateshead Stadium I aquired.

Triang, TT

T91 Castle 4-6-0 and T92 tender

T99 GW 2-6-2T Boxed with instructions

T96 A1A-A1A Brush 2 diesel boxed with oil bottle

T82, T83, T84 Corridor coaches in maroon

T130, T131 Suburban coaches in Green boxed

T182, T183 Corridor coaches Chocolate & Cream boxed

T73, T75 tank wagons

T170 ore wagon

T171 bulk grain boxed

T173 bogie well wagon boxed

T175 meat van boxed

T277 bogie bolster with baulk load boxed

plus a heap of track

OO gauge

Hornby Dublo EDP12 Duchess of Montrose passenger train set, Excellent condition, in box, complete with coaches, track,  instructions and guarantee slip.

Winter 1957 Ian Allan ABC combined volume and locoshed books clean unmarked

Bought today from other traders at Spalding train fair, an R.053 Princess Victoria in Green, a WM cory wagon, VAT60 grain wagon unused from new, R.214 Br Hopper wagon, two converter open wagons, two dock shunter's a hopper, LMS Jinty, 25550 Red "Nellie", Banockburn coke wagon, Ventilated van, and a plunger princess without motor for spare parts.

Just ordered/received a whole load of wagon weights, Some resin wagon loads (ironstone) a Blue box MOT 16T mineral wagon, several 6 wheeled Palethorpes vans (Two GWR, and two maroon) two MOY coke wagons Mainline a GWR match truck and an LNER Lowfit, the latter will release my LMS verson for my Hornby Maintenance crane whilke the former will act as a barrier wagon on my bulk oil train.

Finally some more of my own 3D printed wagon bodies.

I was pretty lucky WTD, I gave the other traders stalls a really good look, just missed a rake of R.243 16 Ton mineral wagons but there will be another time. I came across the VAT69 and the R.214 on a stall with just a few train bits, did a trade deal. I didn't even open the VAT 69 box as it looked like new, when I got it home I found the contents to be brand spanking new. never seen the track so a real find.  Spent around £12 a loco trade for each of the locos apart from an early Rovex/Tri-ang Black plunger pickup princess partially in bits in a GEM kit box which cost me £4.  The kit box has gone to auction and I've stripped the Black princess for parts.

The Cory wagon is a particular favourite of mine and I have a box so it will join my growing rake of boxed minters.  All in all a pretty good day.

You need eyes in the back of your head a toy fairs.

Correction, you need 360 degree (plus Xray) vision !! Also luck, skill and an ability to haggle. It is however one of the most enjoyable places to buy model railway stuff. I often spend more time 'chatting' with the stall holders than actually buying.

Popped into Monk Bar this morning and bought the new Hornby LMS Horsebox and a Pipe wagon from the other team.

I must admit that I like the horsebox and it is on my next purchase list. I have two BR (WR) Hornby ones and one Wrenn and one HD. Wrenn is SR green and the HD is BR maroon (still have all doors and horse). A friend of mine is a horse fanatic and just for fun a few years ago, I went around the NRM in York and photographed all horse related items. That included the HD/Wrenn style horsebox that sat in the goods hall. She offered me a blanket "from a train" that she had fully washed and had used on her horse. It was absolutely as new and had the markings LNWR. I couldn't take off her as I thought it may have been worth something and told her to find out it's worth.  Do you remember or should I say recollect the old horses used for shunting duties?. A far cry from those carried in railway horseboxes. Hornby have missed a trick here by not currently having some road horseboxes in BR, GWR and LMS liveries, for onward transport to the racecourse.I can feel another purchase coming on.