Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

R3239   Class 700 – 0-6-0-T – 30315 BR Late Crest – DCC Ready  - It's in the post.

My missus has just called me to say that an early emblem 700 has just arrived by  UK Mail. Only ordered it two days ago. Well done Hornby, I can't wait till tomorrow when I will get home to look at it.

Hi

My lastest buys are a R352 Transcontinental RCD-2 Budd with internal lighting plus a R232 RCD-2 Dummy Budd unit in very good condition but unboxed. 

Also a Wrenn Duchess City of Glasgow in BR Express Blue, to go with my City of Manchester also in Express Blue

Hallo everyone

I recently got;

Network south east Motor luggage Van class 419/MVL

Class 37 diesel BR two tone grey coal sector 37 223

Class 60 Diesel BR two tone grey construction sector 60 039 Glastonbury Tor

Intercity train set in blue with class 50 Diesel 50 020 Revenge as loco

R3103 double tender Bittern. It also comes with sound fitted by DCC Concepts and one of their motive power depot drive-on/drive-offstorage box. Well it will arrive soon. Paid for tonight.

/media/tinymce_upload/1c68eda79a9a66ea2f4007b188ee8f58.JPG

Another Bachmann Royal Mail TPO coach but with nets etc. I love Royal Mail TPO systems and now have 9 (4 Bachmann, 2 Hornby LMS and 2 Hornby GWR and my HD coach). As expected I have the DVD of the GPO film of the TPO in LMS days and several books.

A Dapol County of Worcester and I've just ordered a Hornby metal front pony truck for it. Not that there is anything wrong with the plastic original other than they are a bit light. Once I get the pony truck I'll DCC chip it.

I must admit these are about a decade too new for model but they are such good runners I couln't resist

Two C1 Atlantics. One in GNR livery, the other purchased later in LNER livery.

Just beautiful and run very smoothly and quietly indeed. No problems at all on the Trix plasic ballast track that is immensely stable, allows you to run wires within the ballast section and look fine to me with a very light sprinkling of "real" chips, in N gauge, and weathering. The problem is the limited choice in point geometry.

Come on now Hornby, bring us a NER Atlantic and a rake of coaches from the same company. They could also be offered in LNER and BR liveries. 

Class 419/MLV Motor Luggage Van running in on the Hornby Rolling Road powered by a DC controller

prior to installing a 21pin direct plug Decoder. Simples!/media/tinymce_upload/08c595881b3c7174531add63ba56039c.jpg

In the last month or so I have bought:

- A Hornby R3113 BR 4-6-0 Class B1 61270 DCC ready. To be converted to sound etc at some time.

- A BR lined black late BR crest and weathered N Class fitted with Youchoos sound on a Zimo decoder, working directional rear lamp, firebox flicker, cablight and crew.

- A BR Standard Class 5MT with lined green late crest livery, fitted with Youchoos sound on a Zimo decoder, smoke unit, stay alive capacitor, working directional lamps and firebox glow. Smoke operated separately on a 2nd decoder.

- Early and late Midland Compounds, one DCC ready and the other DCC fitted. I intend to do the same with them as the B1.

A Class 3F BR black late crest, fitted with Howes sound, firebox glow and 2 working directional front lamps.

- 10 yards of Peco flexitrack, plus track pins and rail joiners.

- Dremel kit for cutting pointwork rails.

Picked these two locos up from a friends shop, they are brand new never opened, they have been in his shop for years without being sold.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm188/sparkhill/P1050931_zps0hsva5l6.jpg[/url]

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm188/sparkhill/P1050928_zpsyufswhm5.jpg[/url]

A Wrenn Dorchester in new condition, comestically and mechanically. Will haul anything. I just love these nice, heavy engines that aren't going to lose any detailing parts on the track. Ok so they are not absolutely scale, but they run soooo well. I do appreciate the minute detail on modern models that I also buy but one does have to be ever so careful when operating them. These Wrenn models can fetch idiot prices. Waslucky to get it for £100 and it is almost mint. And its motor can be maintained and repaired!