Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Hi Jim, i only use vlc to convert, my preferred editor is either pitvi or openshot, depending on what i'm doing, i have to say though i use Linux Ubuntu as my operating system and not Microsoft Windows, the only windows computer i use is for railmaster to run the layout, and a netbook as a backup,

I have spent a lot this month. I have purchased

H class from Hornby in SR green

P class from Hattons in SR green

3 birdcage coaches from the blue box lot in SR green

I will now wait for the B4 from Dapol and the Brighton Atlantic from the blue box lot to complete my purchases for the year

The regret is that the way the prices have risen I can not buy BR early crest versions as I do not have the budget

x1 Bachamnn Branch-Line 32-751 Class 57 Diesel Virgin Trains Thunderbirds 57301 'Scott Tracy'

x1 Bachmann Branch-Line 32-760 Class 57 Diesel Virgin Trains Thunderbirds 57307 'Lady Penelope'

Both are used, but in excellent condition and bought for a very good price of £40.00 each. Can't argue for that, for these two rare beauties!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

Two second hand Bachmann Thomson coaches, a brake 2rd and a composite inb LNER brown. I attempted to replace the plasic wheels with Bachmann metal onws but was disapointed to find that they are too tight so will probably try Hornby ones.

A Bachmann Class 08 shunter and a Triang Blue Pullman. Both (impatiently) on my rudimentary and still very much a "work-in-progress"   DC garage layout and run simultaneously via the H&M Duette.   I find the Duette much better than the Hornby R8250 controllers,  ( even if a bit like the battleship Yamato in size and weight )  esp. in the matter of changing direction. The Hornby switch is awkward to operate IMHO.

Who said anything about warmer weather !  ☹️

Gone against my low will power and bought the Hornby Hogwarts Castle loco. It's only the loco. Already have the coaches. But still need to get the tender. The loco needs some attention but I'm confiedent I'll get it working by next week. Absolutely chuffed to bits with it as I've been after one for a long time and the misses likes it!!

A Hornby Dublo City body which, somewhat bizarrely, has been repainted in Brunswick green, with a GWR roundel on the cabside.  Once it has been stripped and repainted, it will be fitted to a spare City 3 rail chassis that I have stored away.

Latest additions are:

Hornby Heritage train - 71000 plus 3 maroon coaches

Bachamnn Johnson 1F full cab 0-6-0T 41726

Bachmann Fairburn 4MT 2-6-4T 42062

Bachmann Fowler 4F 0-6-0 43924 (right hand drive)

Bachmann BR Class 45 1C0-Co1 D 95

Heljan BR Class 16 Bo-Bo D8409

mjb1961, are you collecting those expensive Hornby Christmas Wagon's?

GNR-Gordon-4

Hi ,,,,yes ,,but not at the silly prices you might think that I'm paying ,,,,those two mentioned cost me £30 for both inc delivery ,,,I've also got 2013/14/15/16/17 which I bought from various retailers ,,I've got 2018 on pre order ,I hope to pick up in the future the ones I'm missing from 2005 to 2012 ,,,mjb

Just got a couple of wrenn wagons a Cranstons open wagon with text almost worn off and damaged body and a GWR MICA. Both have good chassis though the Mika has had it's wheels replaced.

The cranston wagon's chassis is now under a Hornby Doubleo (or possibly wrenn) BR gunpowder van body which was bought as a spare while the MICA will receive a DAPOL chassis when I can find it. I'll then be on the lookout for a Good Wrenn body that I do not have to put on it

Just tested the Hattons Barclay 0-4-0ST (GWR livery) Bought it DCC fitted using their service. Runs very sweetly.

Also bought a Railroad Tornado but thin I need to source a P2 tender body as I want to back-date this to one of the original A1s

My son gave me an Electrotren/Golden Valley "GWR" 0-6-0 tank engine.  I don't know how realistic it is but it is beautiful and runs very well.  If it is based on a true protoype then I guess it is probably 1:87 scale (HO) but that doesn't bother me - there are several 00 tank engines that look very small alongside 00 rolling stock (e.g. terrier, J72)./media/tinymce_upload/02ebf164eb816d4c1f47b38c227dd6f4.PNG