Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

BB, nice loco. I hope you enjoy, plus I have noticed you have modified it already, by fitting a figure in it!  😆  😉  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

The driver came out just for the photo-shoot! He's now back in the bag he came from and the loco is back in its box, and back in the cupboard.

Not me - my overalls are white! BB

@EdMarra

You are welcome.  😀

@bulleidboy

So you must have painted the driver then, because they don’t come out of the box painted. They come out of the plain black, with no painted detail what so ever.

@RAF96

This is for model railway purchases, not for washing machine spares!  😉  😆  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

@bulleidboy

So you must have painted the driver then, because they don’t come out of the box painted. They come out of the plain black, with no painted detail what so ever.

GNR-Gordon-4

Hi Jacob, 

I don't use the Hornby Crew - the Bachmann ones come ready painted. I also use some made from pewter - they guy selling them attends shows in the south pretty regularly - they are designed for specific loco's - he has a large range for both Hornby and Bachmann locos. BB

@bulleidboy; Posted at 18:13:40 Thu, 13 Sep 2018; Edited at 18:19:19 Thu, 13 Sep 2018 (UK time)

I didn’t realise that’s the Bachmann crew and I didn’t reslise they come painted.

@Caiptean; Posted at 18:16:49 Thu, 13 Sep 2018 (UK time)

Yes, I assumed it’s not a OO Gauge model!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4

FS R3336 smoke deflector now most definitely straight!

Cylinder draincocks and vacuum pipes fitted.

Locomotive fully lubricated ready for light running - initially.

Some weight added - to locomotive and tender.

Stood alongside the Bachmann Peppercorn A1-clone which is Tornado, it looks almost delicate and small - quite a surprise.

Both look superb.

Al.

Here's a few photos - Hornby Silver Link, Hornby FS R3336, Bachmann Tornado (apple green):

/media/tinymce_upload/c3e2a639d78af1aeab0b09a824458447.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/b79ce7b29e09ff09e7d677856e6d26cd.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/3c262653d4e7cfd558f56797924b02b3.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/66b5a082604faeaad57b9ec00f4bf08e.jpg

Don't know what's going on with the photo rotation - I 'over-rotated' to try and compensate but still came out this way!!

As you'll see, FS's RHS smoke deflector is straight - handrails parallel!!

Al.

It does not say that, I agree with you there, but I thought that because this is a model railway forum, I assumed that this topic, would be for model railway purchases only? Clearly not, so it seems.

I was winding you up Jacob.

Maybe there should be a ‘latest aqcuisitions’ thread in both General Discussion which as the header says is for all things model railways and also in ‘Off Topic’ which is for any other business.

Rob

Thanks.

Looking at the 2, as I mentioned in an earlier post, the FS looks smaller, more 'delicate' than Tornado, yet when I actually place them side-by-side there's not a lot in it.

I have had the lid off, to lubricate everywhere in readiness for when I eventually start stretching FS's legs, but all is definitely replaced as it should be, and that of the tender, yet the front 'hoop' of the tender seems too high cf the locomotive cab, and the FS cab looks too short cf the Tornado's. Part is to some extent an optical illusion, but there's something not quite right somewhere.

They both look great, so I should be happy with that. It needs a crew now - all in due course. It also feels a lightweight in comparison to Tornado - something I have in hand.

Al.

I've been avoiding purchusing one, but have had to buy one to give the extra length required to store a six coach train.

A curved point! Everything you read says don't use them ,not a problem everything takes it with ease, except the air smooth West Country . But this derails on the straight on points on crossings, so not too worried.

The curved point is on the entrance to the carnage sidings so is not taken at speed.

still learning and having fun in the sun,

Derek 19B

Hi Caiptean

Thanks for the advice.

Yes checked the above , everything appears okay, tested the track with various locks all performed perfectly. The back to back seems correct same as Mallard and Clanline .

The crossovers and points are to be relayed at the end of October ,best to park Wadebridge for now, don't want to crash test against the tiles.

Derek 19B

Pending the very latest Duchess of Hamilton, which is back-ordered and due next February, I received my 'very last for now' purchase - Earl of Mount Edgcumbe.

Very surprised despite the 'ice crystal packaging' in that it has some issues which I've mentioned to the seller - some polystyrene cement is required to resolve them, hopefully 'invisibly'.

Pity, but the main part looks excellent - loving the full scale videos (preserved locomotive) which always seem to be at full chat and then some!!

Once repaired I'll get some photos up.

Al.