Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

My latest loco is R3632  Princess Coronation Class  6221 Queen Elizabeth. Wow what a great looking model. I thought the old model update was good. Well done Hornby, looking forward to the King GeorgeVI when it comes out later this month.  The loco has great slow running and looks good pulling my Cornation Scot Coaches.

Bought today, Bachmann ROD number 3023 new @ £59.00 from Hattons (RRP £129.00), Brighton Belle 5 car set new, Hornby J36 "Haig" New and a Peco catalogue @ £4.95 with loads of "How to" tips plus all the brands they supply. This was a great purchase and ideal for starters to the hobby with lots of basic start up hints from track laying to landscaping, to kit building.

My battle space turbo car showed up today..  and amazingly, so did the new stickers for it.... gave. It a quick whiz round the track and put it away until I can clean and renew it.../media/tinymce_upload/5a093c2e50743261d3ea5401e007323c.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/3df7b1aeb434ccaf5d98e9cc7e151ace.jpg

Using your 4 shillings is 20p guidance, I have worked out how much £1.00 is in shillings. Therefore, I have worked out how much you paid for the 15th Edition Catalogue and the daylight robbery cup of tea; In total, you spent 44 shillings.

20 shillings to the old pound therefore a £2 cup of tea is 40 shillings.

Correct Rob. I said 44 shillings, because I was posting a total that Jimbopuff spent overall on his day out. So the cup of tea costed 44 shillings, as you just mentioned and the catalogue costed 4 shillings so Jimbopuff spent 44 shillings. An expensive day out!  😆 😉 😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

/media/tinymce_upload/04f6384e115e520c56a071d0fa64f5a3.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/7d40f5802d1bd8674a895b2546f98f6f.JPG

I purchased this Hornby RailRoad BR Class 08 08513 Diesel Shunter Locomotive, spilit from Hornby RailRoad R2669 BR Diesel Freight Train Pack, bought from Shpock, at a bargain price of only 240 shillings (Providing my maths is correct, which I hope it is!  😆), plus a few more for postage. It runs very well and 

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Continuation of previous post with the Class 08 locomotive:

...I got ot cheaper than what they sell for on eBay.

/media/tinymce_upload/d495cacd642ffec3ef0df2f2724c6aa3.JPG

Another purchase is from my local model shop, is X2 PECO Lineside Kit OO/HO LK-24 Packing Cases. I can't remember how much these cost, but they were not very much each.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Correct Rob. I said 44 shillings, because I was posting a total that Jimbopuff spent overall on his day out. So the cup of tea costed 44 shillings, as you just mentioned and the catalogue costed 4 shillings so Jimbopuff spent 44 shillings. An expensive day out!  😆 😉 😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I spent a bit more than that, Gordon. 😀  Never could come away with a full wallet. A couple of locos - details later.

Just purchased a 'new ex set' Bachmann 'Rood Ashton Hall' - been looking at it for months now - always liked my old Hornby Albert Hall 45 years ago so needed a Hall ... 

Hornby one has some finer detail, but Bachmann one has the 'correct' tender for current operation, and I prefer the paint finish.

Al.

Correct Jimbopuff and thank you. I only paid £12.00 for the Class 08. I am glad I got my shillings maths correct and I am glad you picked up on my post, Jimbopuff!  😀

Is that what you call it, 'The Sorter'? 

I see them go for around £30.00 very often on eBay, so I am glad to find one at less than half price!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

@Jimbopuff

I spent a bit more than that, Gordon. 😀  Never could come away with a full wallet. A couple of locos - details later.

Funny isnt't it? No matter how hard you not spend anything or spend a below a certain amount, you also end coming home with something or two, or more!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

The new Duchess King George V1 came today ,I've also bought the Harry Potter gold plated loco and the princess class Princess Elizabeth gold plated ,both off eBay ,,both just to either be on display or live in there boxes ,,overspend impulse purchases really,,I'll have to find something free to do for a few months  😢 😢

Rood Ashton Hall has arrived - all paperwork, limited edition certificate and detailing parts included.

Problem is it's sealed in an open polystyrene box, so I have to break with tradition - open at work and take photos - for safe transit - never mind.

Looks simply stunning.

Al.

Correct Jimbopuff and thank you. I only paid £12.00 for the Class 08. I am glad I got my shillings maths correct and I am glad you picked up on my post, Jimbopuff!  😀

Is that what you call it, 'The Sorter'? 

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

I apologise, Gordon, for giving you duff information. There are 2 similar models. If yours came from the Virgin train pack and has Running no. 08513 it is not "The Sorter". Similar loco Running no.08633 was knicknamed "The Sorter" ( Express Parcels ) made earlier in 1993-4. Doubtful if many could tell the difference so please go on enjoying it ! 😆 Even use it with mail-liveried rolling stock if you feel like it.  Best wishes, Jimbo.