Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

263 now with a crew of a driver and fireman,(I painted up and reshaped two Hornby black plastic figures) so now ready to hit the track. Ohh and now fitted back on the 'sand pipe' I didn't notice had come off. My bad when fitting the decoder./media/tinymce_upload/1fa137197de817ea55e4c2772f964c84.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/30e9f12b4430bcf261787b71e76982db.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/cde8618b8d63eae8a0c37852577f560f.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/121a7489afff88a2a02f2f9a146f4cdf.png

I've been selling quite a few 'non-preserved' locomotives ... permitting me to purchase some others which I want, or are preserved.

I had been hunting a Dapol TPE Class 68 for 3 months - finally got one.

I've now just received 70013 Oliver Cromwell (rode on 'her' footplate at Bressingham 45 years ago!) and a couple of others ...

Seems like I'm 'collecting' Britannias - 3 now. I now have 'the main 2' - those preserved so it stops there ...

Al.

And got hiccups too!!

Could the Mods remove all but one please, I don't know how this happened, I only posted it once!

I need help.

I have binned 5 pages of repeats and there are still 12 more pages to go.

Check you haven't left a glass of wine on the repeat key LC

I haven't a clue how it occured. It seemed to continue to happen even after I logged off and logged on again. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Your superior knowledge on many subjects far outweighs your occassional computing error. I would blame it on the forum mechanics, but likely to be a sticky keyboard.

I don't think the keyboard was the culprit because after that posting I immediately clicked away to another program and then clicked back when I had finished. So my keyboard was being used to manipulate the other program, if I remember rightly it was to interrogate the BBC website.

It can depend on the speed of your connection.

I have noticed a post can take more than a few seconds at times - and I'm supposed to have 'the fastest Virgin's finest can supply' - but that's with wife, 2 sons, and myself simultaneously using it .... shouldn't hamper it that much.

What I have noticed, is it's possible to THINK you haven't posted, when posting is 'in progress', and clicking on Reply again, can in fact register the same post twice, or even more.

I'll - deliberately - try that now.

Al.

I doubt it!

I only clicked once!

And then clicked away to a completely different website. And I certainly would NOT have clicked hundreds of times which is what must have happened under that theory. My keyboard shows no sign of sticking either.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I last posted I’ve taken delivery of a Hornby top link Class 58 Peterborough Depot in blue Mainline livery. Very nice and clean condition. Now need to find some mineral wagons for it.

Also managed to snap up a driver loco of the Hornby Alstom Pendolino. Arrived with the male coupling snapped...flipping thing is like gold dust to replace. More likely to find hens teeth.

/media/tinymce_upload/cb28e4c9f57393bec1f9de2af58202e1.jpg 

Just got this (part of a comemeritive pack made by Oxford Rail) from Hattons. DCC fitted by the shop and runs beautiffully just had to fit the wide couplings.

Always wanted this one ever since I first saw the real loco's photo around 40 years ago!