Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

One for Brian!!

5 of my favourites here:

1. EE Lightning 'of course' - flawed but brilliant!

2. Buccaneer.

3. VC10.

4. Victor.

5. Vulcan.

That's my order of preference - latter 3 VERY close!!

NO, not biting that bullet, 'though Lightning and Buccaneer ... got to resist!

Al.

https://www.corgi.co.uk/news/aerodrome/custodians-of-britains-cold-war-jet-heritage?utm_campaign=2623709_Corgi%20-%20Aerodrome%20-%20Week%2050%20-%202019%2F2020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Hornby%20PLC&_%24ja=tsid%3A71284&dm_i=2DJZ,1K8GT,GUX65,5A8JL,1

WtD, Are you going to go DCC with your gauge O ? The sound option in that scale is brilliant, and I have had all mine fitted (apart from the two I scratch built many years ago, and of course  my garden railway fleet).

I have both the pannier and 08 and they are really good. 

Has crossed my mind LC.

When I browse, it's like 'speed browsing'.

It's possible I've clicked on a previous page - there was one where you'd stated you'd purchased an EE / (ex LMS) 10001.

I was supporting the purchase, but not locating the the post and also your stating you were 'going 'O' Gauge' had me wondering where I saw it ....

Could have been 3 years ago!!

I did find it unusual that you had mentioned the purchases after stating you were moving away - my guess is as stated above - I've clicked on a (very?) old page - sorry for the confusion!!

Al.

Slight hiccup aside, just re-greased and oiled the Jubilee, added weight where able - including the tender criticised for being featherlight in some review ... 

What a superb locomotive!!

Running very well - managed to pull the 13x bogie TEA tanker wagons on 'the track' reasonably well - no slip and pulling well with the motor still showing plenty of life as well.

Just noticed there's a tender handrail missing. I can soon resolve this - I even have wire and turned brass knobs.

Al.

1). Hornby Streamlined Coronation(Blue).

2). 4 Coaches for the above.

3). R2225 LMS 4-6-2 Princess Class ' Arthur of Connaught'.

4). R4145A Pullman First Class kitchen car  

5). R4150A Pullman 3rd Class brake car.

6). R4143A Pullman 1st Class Parlour Car.

7). 4 x Silver Jubilee Coaches. (To go with my Silver Fox)

8). Silver Jubilee Hornby Electric Train Set.

Received good used Bachmann EWS 37 and Freightliner Class 70 for very reasonable prices.

Both have been suitably 'fatigued' with a combination of matt grey, black, brown and green rattle cans where appropriate, combined with selective partial removal with Brasso - seems to work well.

I reckon I've got the 70's weight up to nearly 500g - there's a big gap where some install a speaker.

Still way too light for what is the most ugly beast on British Railways currently ... there is competition but it'll run nearly anything close for lack of looks - which add to it's character.

The 37 is, well, a 37.

30 years past it's sell-by date but still going strong ... !!

Both have been cleaned, oiled and greased then run (2 hours at least now) each way and run great!!

Al.

I have just received the new. Princess Marie Louise and fitted the TTS decoder.

It is a work of art, the flickering firebox is most convincing, and the sounds most impressive.

I already have five of the previous incarnations and they are not disgraced by any means.

A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Well done Hornby.

Have just received a new armature from Peter's Spares for my ailing R155 Tri-ang Switcher. Excellent service.  So far, I have managed to get the Switcher to move 3 inches before tripping the controller. The little yellow beast moved in the wrong direction so I realised I had fitted the wheels incorrectly and had to start over again.  But still struggling with re-assembly esp. inserting the new brushes. What a fiddly nightmare !  🫨 -- does anyone know of an easy method to fit these brushes ?  😛  I wonder how it was done when the loco was made.

A pair of R8077 LH express points to replace a pair of RH points that just did not work in my track plan. Thanks for pointing that out RogB before I soldered droppers to them.

Also some track pins (a garage sized layout uses an awful lot of pins) and a hydraulic buffer stop for my diesel servicIng siding, just to make the value of the order up so I got free postage.