Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

My two sets of Kernows Gate Stock Carriages arrived today, but I've been busy today, and as yet have not had time to open the parcel - a treat for tomorrow.

Hopefully you will not be disappointed; they are superb!

Will be interested in your comments!   😀

I think they look very good, in fact superb. I have no concerns whatsoever (as do certain Forums!) whether there is rivet missing underneath - I am not an expert, as are some (supposedly) - this is a hobby, and if I like it, that's good enough for me.

Just can't resist lying in bed and operating the round-the-walls DC track !  These two little blighters also give me some options for the lighting. Never felt lazy before. 😇  /media/tinymce_upload/79aec06199094fef9bbf2564e6c03c25.jpg

I Like it Jimbopuff  !! 

Those remote control sockets are great.

Have you got any more pictures of the layout?

Box of bits from Peters Spares including a Class 58 motor bogie which will hopefully replace the troublesome Class 56 ringfield bogie I have struggled with for years.

Rob

Out of the frying pan into the fire I think.  The cl 58 motor is a totally gutless screaming banshee.  IMHO of course. 😆

The new model late emblem H class arrived from  Hornby this afternoon. Immediately on to the test track and  running smoothly straight out of the box.  Wonderful! Looks great too.

The stupidest of questions, but how did you get it out of the box? Mine arrived today, but assuming the packaging is as usual, box containing loco in a sleeve - I cannot get the box out of the sleeve. I haven't risked brute strength as I don't want to tear the box.

It was tight, I agree, but gentle but firm pressure with two thumbs was successful, eventually.  The packaging is the usual  cardboard box in cardboard sleeve (very stiff, close fit) then clear plastic fold out cradle in a clear plastic sleeve (also very tight fit, both the plastic sleeves in the cardboard box, and the cradle in the plastic sleeve) but the effort was worthwhile.

It should have said that M/N Class Nederland Line had arrived - R3566.

Oh dear!                 More expense......     😆

I agree - the ships appear to have found a shortcut which enables them to arrive in the UK earlier than expected!  In fairness the Hornby shop has said for sometime that if ordered early in December you would get the model by Christmas. I'm just hoping the H Class with Pull/Push Carriages Pack is not on the same ship.

Recently won the auction on eBay for a HORNBY r2687 flying Scotsman ,the 1988 Australian bi-centenary,,,won it for a mere £66.40 inc post ,,,,item arrived as described ,,covered in dust which would only clean off by washing the bodies in warm soapy water ,,,while they were drying I gave the wheels a good clean with meths and oiled the valve gear etc and got it running ,all put back together and looks quite nice in the cabinet with its British and Australian flags attached ,,,and the ltd edition certificate is numbered 500 / 1000 ,,,very pleased ,,