Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Just bought the Oxford Rail DCC ready Dean Goods. Although it will run on a 9V battery with no problems it shorts my Hornby Elite. I've phoned the supplier and will be sending it back today.

All other locos run on the track so I do not think it's the layout

I think as far as I can recall. this is the first time that I have posted in this thread. Just ordered this, fitted with Loksound V4 decoder & lightly weathered. Now looking out for some Yellow NetRail rolling stock to go with it.

/media/tinymce_upload/a6248cbc2c360fdb473324d8d56e7cc5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After a long time with buying nothing at all for my model railway a pre-ordered Hornby R3450 class H 0-4-4T in SR livery arrived yesterday.  This nicely matches my Bachmann type C Rover set in lined green, and I now have examples of the same train in SE&CR, SR (pre-War) and BR early liveries.

Bought these three Triang 0-6-0 rolling chassis for £9.00. I'll file down the wheel flanges as this method seems to work fine with the track I use then I'll get some x04 motors to get them moving and buy a few bodies./media/tinymce_upload/d813a4aa239e72e234329d7e03fd8028.jpg

I use a square modellers file and do it by eye. Then rub it over with an emery cloth then a track rubber followed by a polish using car metal polish cream. Having said that I checked these on the layout, and strangely they don't catch the chairs! So no need for me to do these three after all. The points will need the plastic troughs filing slightly but that's par the course for a lot of my engines as they tend to be mixed ages.

...  to make sure the wheels are still perfectly round ?

He is filing the flanges (not the area of the wheel that runs on the track), so it is not essential, for running purposes, that they are perfectly round.